AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Agency] Stimola Literary Studio (Rosemary Stimola)

I write stuff and break boards. dragonjax's Avatar

[Agency] Stimola Literary Studio (Rosemary Stimola)

My friend, a YA/MG fantasy author, is looking for information on Rosemary Stimola of Stimola Literary Studio. I didn't see anything on Publishers Marketplace. P&E indicates that Ms. Stimola has sales on record. Has anyone here worked with either Ms. Stimola or her agency? Would you recommend this agency?

Many thanks!
    "Undying Love," a short story by Jackie Kessler in FANTASY FOR GOOD - a charity anthology to help fight colon cancer

Outside the box, with the bunnehz KimJo's Avatar
    She definitely appears to be reputable. I've "met" a couple authors online who are represented by her and seem quite happy with her. She accepts e-mail queries and is quick to respond to them; it only took her 15 minutes to reject mine.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Still no website. Here's a nice interview with her, though:

http://cynthialeitichsmith.blogspot....interview.html
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

practical experience, FTW
    She represents Suzanne Collins and her Underland Chronicles books. I learned that much about her before I queried her. And yes, she does reply back quickly via email.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

I'm just waking up this queue since The Blessed Rosemary asked me for a full ms.

I am curious about one thing. She asked me to send the full plus synopsis in a Word file and also snailmail it. Of course, I went down to the local Mailboxes Etc. since the PO was closed on Saturday and Monday was Mr. King's Day.

Any responses, comments, good news in re: Ms. Stimola?

practical experience, FTW Hopcus's Avatar
    I sent a (requested) full to Rosemary on Jan 17th, but I haven't heard back yet. Has anyone had any recent dealings with her? I wonder if her response times are longer now days.

I'm keeping my day job williamfromkc's Avatar

Wink

She responded to me so quickly that I think I received it before I sent my query.

Fast to queries, but how about ms?

Rosemary always seems to get back within a day on the initial query. I think both Hopcus and I are wondering is the turnaround on a full.

Quote Originally Posted by Marva View Post
    Rosemary always seems to get back within a day on the initial query. I think both Hopcus and I are wondering is the turnaround on a full.
    Yeah. I'll post when I hear something one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopcus View Post
    Yeah. I'll post when I hear something one way or the other.
    Ditto. I sent mine 1/19, both by email and postal, as per request. Did you send both ways?

I only sent by e-mail and of course my paranoid brain is trying to convince me that somehow she didn't get it.

I only sent by e-mail and of course my paranoid brain is trying to convince me that somehow she didn't get it.
    Ask her! She did send a brief note back to me on the email part of the submission. I thanked her for taking a look and she answered something like "no problem." Anyway, I know she received that part. Of course, I'm worried about the postal part. This was during all the worst weather back east. It was the Saturday before MLK Day, so I took it to a UPS Store to send out same day, which I couldn't do from a Post Office. Wait until Tuesday?!?!? No way!

I completely understand, you want to get it to them as quickly as possible.

I sent an email to her yesterday asking whether she received the postal manuscript (bad weather, etc.). She answered within a half hour that she did get it and was reading now. She'd get back to me next week. Okay, one more week to fret and worry. That's okay, I'm hard at work on my next book, so I don't have much time to mess with the query research thing anyway.

Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

practical experience, FTW Pisarz's Avatar
    I can't help but weigh in here---

To have an agent get back to you on a full in under a month is very cool and absolutely exciting, but . . . you should know that many agents take months to respond. Three months or more is not out of the norm.

Good luck to all, but have patience.
    YA writer represented by Ginger Clark.

Twitter: @snarkychicklet

Marva, just thought I would let you know that I got a nice (detailed) pass from Rosemary today. I hope your news is better.

bedazzled /bootay shaker!! xiaotien's Avatar
    i got a same day rejection today from
    her, too. she is (i believe) the only site
    that listed asian fantasy as an interest
    and she passed on my novel.

and all the partial requests i've gotten
    don't represent fantasy. go figure.
    i guess my book does have many crossover
    genre elements.

good luck to everyone!

Silver Ph0enix (Greenwi11ow: 4/09)

Fury of the Ph0enix (Greenwi11ow: 3/11)

Diverse 3nergies anthology (Tu B00ks: 10/12)

visit my website :
    paint & prose

my brush art at etsy!

Well, Rosemary must have taken Valentine's Day off. No word yet, but at least that means I didn't get a rejection. No news is (maybe) good news?

I am wrapping up another book for subbing and I'd like to hear from Rosemary before I start sending to other agents. You know, just in case.

Seems like a good sign .

Seems like a good sign .
    Apparently not. A polite email no at the 1 month mark. She gavae a couple of comments I'm thinking about trying to figure out what exactly they mean. If I were face to face, I'd definitely ask for clarification and an example of what she means. As it is, I'll just have to ponder it until a lightbulb goes on.

Sorry to hear about the pass, I know how hard it is (on me at least) and trying to decode the messages just makes it that much more frustrating.

Return of the Jedi juneafternoon's Avatar
    From what I heard of Rosemary, she's a standup agent who is blindingly fast with email subs. That said, she's always curteous with status queries, so if you didn't hear back within six weeks max, SQ/requery her. She doesn't bite.
    - June
    Not my real name, but since everyone has taken to calling me that, I'll just go with the flow
    Current Musical Obsession: Electronica
    Genres: Trance, House, Techno, Dance
    Currently Reading: Teach Me by R.A. Nelson

Got the hang of it, here tbrosz's Avatar
    A new piece on the Stimola website submissions guide reads as follows:

While we have always striven to provide the courtesy of response to all queries, the extraordinarily large number now received makes that no longer possible. We can only respond now to those we wish to pursue further and will not be responsible for manuscripts submitted without regard to this policy, which supercedes any information listed in the writers’ guides or on other websites.
    It's not unusual for some agencies to have a policy of not actually sending any rejection notice if they're not interested in a query (which is how I interpret this), but it's a good idea to know it going in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast