• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
New York. If you see me anywhere else I'm lost.
Jessica has a very interesting blog post today.

Says she rejected a TON of manuscripts. No more paper left and her inbox is under 200. I wasn't one of them though. Beginning to think my MS got lost.

Anyone here one of those casualties?

socact

Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't on the casualty list, and I subbed around mid-September. Hmm.

I think I'll check in at the two-month mark.

romi41

Where have you been all my life?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Wow, that sounds like an intense purge!

I became paranoid I was on her e-reject list so I checked my email, but I sent it to her five days ago...lol. Moost, you can still be hopeful then. Maybe she is a few weeks behind or something, which is why she had to do the purge.

Good luck! :)

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah for you Saska! Mine was YA Urban Fantasy and she pretty much requested right away too- rejected a month and a half later. But said she liked the idea and so forth, but it wasn't a good fit for her. Good luck to you!

Moost- I can't believe it! And nothing from your email 2 weeks ago? Dang. I'd almost say email her from another email server... Did you get her auto response?

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
Jessica has a very interesting blog post today.

Says she rejected a TON of manuscripts. No more paper left and her inbox is under 200. I wasn't one of them though. Beginning to think my MS got lost.

Anyone here one of those casualties?

Well, unless the email didn't get to me I wasn't on the reject list either! Hope is still alive!

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah for you Saska! Mine was YA Urban Fantasy and she pretty much requested right away too- rejected a month and a half later. But said she liked the idea and so forth, but it wasn't a good fit for her. Good luck to you!

Moost- I can't believe it! And nothing from your email 2 weeks ago? Dang. I'd almost say email her from another email server... Did you get her auto response?

I did get an auto response from the esubmissions address. She also personally emailed me to thank me- that was the address I used to email her.

Anyone from before August 28th still waiting?

socact

Registered
Reaction score
Sigh, got an R on my full today (subbed 9/17). No substantial feedback either, other than that I write well. Hmm. Is that a form rejection?

In better news, I had another agent requested a full off a partial today (different manuscript). She also asked if other agents are considering it. I'm hoping this is a good sign! I don't know how much more rejection I can take.

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, socact. I read your query for novel that sounds a bit like the Time Traveler's Wife- I think it sounded awesome! Is that the one you queried Jessica with?

My R should be coming this week.

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
Sigh, got an R on my full today (subbed 9/17). No substantial feedback either, other than that I write well. Hmm. Is that a form rejection?

In better news, I had another agent requested a full off a partial today (different manuscript). She also asked if other agents are considering it. I'm hoping this is a good sign! I don't know how much more rejection I can take.

Sorry on the R :( But hooray on the request!

Sounds like she's working on stuff around my timeframe (I subbed on 9/14) so I should be hearing soon too....

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like she's working on stuff around my timeframe (I subbed on 9/14) so I should be hearing soon too....

If so I've got a while to wait still. A little puzzling that she's working backwards...oh well. I'm used to waiting. Average response time on Querytracker for another agent who has a full of mine is 188 days :D

romi41

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Sorry to hear about that socact, but hey, one out, another
in, good luck on the next request!
Moost, ajcastle, keep those positive vibes flowing! :)

socact

Registered
Reaction score
Moost, yeah, that's the one. I've only queried a few agents with that one, since I have another ms that seems to be having more success. I guess I'm just hoping to get an agent, then worry about my other novels (I've written quite a few this year!).

Thanks for the encouragement. Good luck to you!! :)

socact

Registered
Reaction score
Also forgot to say that I thanked Jessica for her comments, and she invited me to query my YA novel. She said YA is her primary interest right now (which seems pretty clear from her blog).

And in other news, the agent from yesterday who asked for my partial, then full, said she wants to call me Monday. Is this good?? I'm trying not to get my hopes up!

Saltier

Small towns fuel escapism
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds really good.... fingers crossed for you.

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
Also forgot to say that I thanked Jessica for her comments, and she invited me to query my YA novel. She said YA is her primary interest right now (which seems pretty clear from her blog).

And in other news, the agent from yesterday who asked for my partial, then full, said she wants to call me Monday. Is this good?? I'm trying not to get my hopes up!

That's awesome!! Congrats!!
I still haven't heard anything. My hopes are very low since my novel isn't YA.

dotsoec1

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys, thought I'd jump in to the waiting game conversation. I emailed my full to Jessica on 10/20. It's still early in the game and I have 3 fulls and 1 partial out with other agents at the moment. My novel is YA. Fingers crossed for everyone on this thread!!!

erin_michelle

Foreshadowing Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Just a general question- how long should I wait before sending a status email?

If I remember correctly, her response time for a full is 1-2 months, so I suggest to do it a couple weeks after the you hit the two month mark or wait another month. The holidays are coming up too, so that's going to slow her down, me thinks.

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, her response time for a full is 1-2 months, so I suggest to do it a couple weeks after the you hit the two month mark or wait another month. The holidays are coming up too, so that's going to slow her down, me thinks.

I've been waiting two months and a week. Normally I wouldn't think about status querying but she's been so quick to respond to people who subbed after me that it's possible mine got lost. Ah well. I'll still wait a few weeks.

Last edited:

romi41

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

Well Another non-YA bites the dust! ;)...I have to say I'm pretty surprised, because I only sent her my Full six days ago and received the R today! Was she repulsed after only a couple of chapters? LOL...She told me she liked the voice, thought it was charming, and that it had its moments. But ultimately she didn't fall in love with it, and that was the only reason.

That may have been a "Form" R or not, but I have never felt so warm and fuzzy from being a reject, she is so nice! :)

I will however keep believing that my novel doesn't suck, since one of others who requested a Full, did so after first requesting a Partial (so it can't suck can it????? LOL...)

So two more Fulls and a Partials getting all my lucky juice now!

And socact: CONGRATS on the request for a phone conversation!!! That can only be a good thing! :D

And moost: based on the fact that she's already through with me and you're still waiting after over two months, it might be time to send a status email, good luck!

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
Well Another non-YA bites the dust! ;)...I have to say I'm pretty surprised, because I only sent her my Full six days ago and received the R today! Was she repulsed after only a couple of chapters? LOL...She told me she liked the voice, thought it was charming, and that it had its moments. But ultimately she didn't fall in love with it, and that was the only reason.

That may have been a "Form" R or not, but I have never felt so warm and fuzzy from being a reject, she is so nice! :)

I will however keep believing that my novel doesn't suck, since one of others who requested a Full, did so after first requesting a Partial (so it can't suck can it????? LOL...)

So two more Fulls and a Partials getting all my lucky juice now!

And socact: CONGRATS on the request for a phone conversation!!! That can only be a good thing! :D

And moost: based on the fact that she's already through with me and you're still waiting after over two months, it might be time to send a status email, good luck!

Wow!! That was really fast! Sorry about the R, but fast responses are great. I haven't gotten my R from her yet so I have no idea if that is form or not -- it sounds sort of half and half?? Good luck on your other partials and fulls out!

socact

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys!! It's just nice when someone likes your work - it boosts your confidence, I guess.

I think Jessica sounds like a fantastic agent. Good luck to you guys still waiting.

And Romi, sounds like you have quite a few manuscripts out, which is always a good thing!

romi41

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks guys...now I just got an email from an agent suggesting I sent her a blank email...but when I look at the conversation history my query shows, there is no invisible font!!!!

Argh, that just means it's time to stop for the day!!! :rant:

Good night fellow writers, may the universe treat your "out there" requests with care! ;)

romi41

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
PS: as if she already couldn't be the nicest agent ever, she just emailed me back now at almost 11:30pm, thanking me for the compliments on her blog, and telling me to definitely let her know when I hear some good news with my outstanding opportunities....WHAT!?!??!?!

Could she BE any nicer????????!!!

I am BANKING on one of you getting her as an agent so we can all celebrate! ;)