• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
20-25 age range can be difficult to write- so i'm sure you've got a good voice in that range (since you're in that age). Good luck- I'm sure she will enjoy it!!!

AJ and So- nothing for either of you yet? On one of the other forums, I read she is still requesting like crazy.

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I'll keep you all posted.

I probably should be writing YA since I'm 20, but I just can't seem to nail the voice. Hopefully Jessica enjoyed my novel anyway, since the characters are in the 20-25 range.

Haha! Well, I'm 31 and I'm writing YA! For whatever reason I have a much easier time with a teen voice than an adult voice. Maybe that means I'm immature? ;)

Phantom -- nope, nothing at all for me yet! But it's only been about a month and a half since my initial submission and a little over a month since she accepted my revision.

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
hahah AJ- I'm 32...maybe that means we are both immature? ;) Possibly? (I'm YA too.. can't write an adult voice either.)

well my fingers are still crossed for both of you then!

Haha! Well, I'm 31 and I'm writing YA! For whatever reason I have a much easier time with a teen voice than an adult voice. Maybe that means I'm immature? ;)

Phantom -- nope, nothing at all for me yet! But it's only been about a month and a half since my initial submission and a little over a month since she accepted my revision.

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
hahah AJ- I'm 32...maybe that means we are both immature? ;) Possibly? (I'm YA too.. can't write an adult voice either.)

well my fingers are still crossed for both of you then!

Haha! Maybe so!!

Thanks! Good luck to you, too!

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
New York. If you see me anywhere else I'm lost.
Haha nooo you guys aren't immature. I just blocked high school out of my mind entirely so it's hard to get in that mindset.

For those still keeping track, it's been a little over two months for me. Not going to nudge ever cause I'm a wuss.

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
Haha nooo you guys aren't immature. I just blocked high school out of my mind entirely so it's hard to get in that mindset.

For those still keeping track, it's been a little over two months for me. Not going to nudge ever cause I'm a wuss.

Haha! I did too, believe me . . . I HATED high school! But, I write romance into all my novels and there is just something about first love . . . It just seems to be so much more powerful amidst all that teenage angst and hormone assault, LOL!

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Moost, you crack me up. ;) You are not a wuss. You are still within your timeframe- don't worry! I'm sure you will hear soon.

AJ I agree with you- there is something about that firsttime love that is just magical.

romi41

Where have you been all my life?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
They don't rep YA fantasy, do they? Their site isn't loading on my browser for some reason.... hmmmm...

Hello my fellow Canuck ;) Their site says they are looking for "edgy YA", but it also says they are not looking for "Fantasy" in general, so I guess it depends on which your book fits into more.

And Moost, keep the positive spirits up! I think I read on her blog about a month ago that she had over 120 e-manuscripts waiting in her inbox...these were ones she hadn't even started! So I'm sure she's busy, just keep distracting yourself :D

As for me I only sent my Full four days ago, so I guess I have a while to wait... ;)

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Romi - mine's quirky urban fantasy as opposed to edgy. I guess I'll scratch them off the list.

I don't know...according to Jessica's blog she reads and enjoys many YA books and it seems to me urban fantasy is in the realm of things she likes? I can't be positive though -- I queried her with a YA Paranormal romance and she requested the full right away . . . I guess I would assume if she didn't rep a genre she wouldn't request. I've seen her request UF. I'd say go for it -- what do you have to lose?

If she R's my current mss, I'm definitely querying her with my next project (which I just completed and am letting rest before diving into revisions!!). I would love to have her rep me!

erin_michelle

Foreshadowing Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Romi - mine's quirky urban fantasy as opposed to edgy. I guess I'll scratch them off the list.

The manuscript Jessica requested from me was urban fantasy YA. The least you can do is query and the worse is she'll reject it.

romi41

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The manuscript Jessica requested from me was urban fantasy YA. The least you can do is query and the worse is she'll reject it.

Well that should answer your question Saskatoonian; you should totally query your MS! :)

romi41

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Done and done. Oh... I am following you now on Twitter ;)

Cool! I need to catch up on tweeting/blog, I will follow you back! Maybe I should also start a list of Canadians (damn I love the new "list" function ;) )

Okay, tweet-geek signing off now...lol

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
It definitely seems like jessica has a lot of reading to do. Judging from the responses people have gotten on this thread she's reading backwards. Maybe mine wasn't exciting enough to get to right away ;)

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Moost:

Seems like she's either considering it or lost it.

I sent her my manuscript back in September and she rejected it about three weeks later. It seems like she if she didn't like it you would have heard about it (unless, of course, she lost it.) Good luck, hopefully it's the former!

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
It definitely seems like jessica has a lot of reading to do. Judging from the responses people have gotten on this thread she's reading backwards. Maybe mine wasn't exciting enough to get to right away ;)

Her blog today says she's taking a break for the day on e-submissions and reading paper ones. That's not me, so I will sit back and wait some more. :D

Maybe she's considering yours and that's why you haven't heard back yet!

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
Haha thank you everyone for the positive vibes! I sent her a polite email two weeks ago asking if she'd like to see my revisions and she never responded. I hope my email hasn't been blocked by her server. She did confirm she got the MS, so I hope my rejection hasn't been lost in cyber land!!