• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
You are most welcome Tia. I love her blog. It's funny. ;)

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Still nothing Moost? Did you see her blog today? ;) Ahhhh to read queries and books all day... sounds like heaven to me.

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
New York. If you see me anywhere else I'm lost.
Still nothing! But I just realized I subbed August 28th. One more week- overtired college students shouldn't be allowed to use the internet after 10 PM. We get confused.

Her blog is so cute. It just makes me want to hug her haha.

socact

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, random question. Does Jessica have a gmail address? For some reason I can't figure out, I sent my full to that address. Now I'm freaking out. Should I e-mail her and double check that she received it?

The weird part is that I can't figure out how the heck I figured out her gmail address - I sent the original query to the agency address.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're cool, Socrate. You didn't breech her private addy. You can have email from all your accounts forwarded to a Gmail account. The Gmail address does show up in the reply (usually with the original address as well, and "on behalf of...").

I've come across many agents who do this. I do it as well. It has it's limitations, but it's pretty handy for a number of reasons.

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Socact,

I'd email her Jessica account at SJF just to make sure she received your full. She's really open to communication and I'm sure she'd understand.

socact

Registered
Reaction score
Ah okay, thanks guys for your replies. Giant Baby, I figured this was probably what happened, but wow, it threw me for a loop. I really thought I'd gone crazy.

PW, I was thinking about e-mailing her anyway since the last time I submitted a partial to an agent and followed up on it, she told me she never received it. So this is probably a good idea.

Again, thanks!!

nicolesingslave

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nicolesingslave.buzznet.com
After reading "A Dangerous Profession", I have would recommend a change in the title to "Only the most patient need apply." It's like fishing. I have cast a net of 500 hooks, all patiently customized. What else but to wait, smile a lot and enjoy the sunshine? Of course having a good sense of humor and lots of friends helps.

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
After reading "A Dangerous Profession", I have would recommend a change in the title to "Only the most patient need apply." It's like fishing. I have cast a net of 500 hooks, all patiently customized. What else but to wait, smile a lot and enjoy the sunshine? Of course having a good sense of humor and lots of friends helps.

Definitely. We writers just tend to over think things I guess. I'm a little worried she might not have gotten to mine yet since the majority of people here who subbed after me have gotten a response already. Oh well, Thursday is the two month mark for me. So I will probably be leaving you all shortly :(

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with Nicole completely- sometimes you get what you didn't know you were wishing for too. ;)

romi41

Where have you been all my life?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

Hi Phantom Writer, thanks for posting the link to the blog! I'd been reading it the last couple days after I saw the link here, and found it to be absolutely endearing, sincere AND informative! Have not yet seen another agent blog with that trifecta ;)

Anyhoo, my Full to Jessica Sinsheimer was emailed to her last night at 2AM...so I will move my way to the back of the line, and hope that someone here gets some good news soon!

(because SOMEONE needs to work with this awesome agent! ;) )

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Phantom Writer, thanks for posting the link to the blog! I'd been reading it the last couple days after I saw the link here, and found it to be absolutely endearing, sincere AND informative! Have not yet seen another agent blog with that trifecta ;)

Anyhoo, my Full to Jessica Sinsheimer was emailed to her last night at 2AM...so I will move my way to the back of the line, and hope that someone here gets some good news soon!

(because SOMEONE needs to work with this awesome agent! ;) )

Good luck Romi! Today is the two month mark for me. Gulp.

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Moost still nothing from SJF? Has anyone else gotten anything from them recently?

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
Moost still nothing from SJF? Has anyone else gotten anything from them recently?

Absolutely nothing. I'm very nervous because Jessica's last blog post is all about how much she loves YA- my novel is adult lol!

She didn't respond to my email asking whether or not I should send her revisions so I'm thinking tomorrow is rejection day.

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Oh no Moost, don't say that!!! Yes, I read her blog yesterday! Don't feel bad, I write young adult and she rejected me. I wasn't her "brand" of YA. My fingers are crossed for you! Tomorrow will be yes day!

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing. I'm very nervous because Jessica's last blog post is all about how much she loves YA- my novel is adult lol!

She didn't respond to my email asking whether or not I should send her revisions so I'm thinking tomorrow is rejection day.

Don't give up yet! You just never know! Good luck. :)

socact

Registered
Reaction score
Moost, mine's an adult novel, too. I'm almost at the two-month mark, so I may nudge soon.

My current WIP is YA (it's true, I jumped on that bandwagon), so if she rejects me on this one, maybe I'll query her with the YA ms.

I'll keep you posted if I hear anything!

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I'll keep you all posted.

I probably should be writing YA since I'm 20, but I just can't seem to nail the voice. Hopefully Jessica enjoyed my novel anyway, since the characters are in the 20-25 range.