Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency

New York. If you see me anywhere else I'm lost.
    Nothing over here!
    blog / twitter

PLAN B- agented
    JUKEBOX HERO- 20K

Dancing between good and evil... Phantom Writer's Avatar
    Ok then... inbox (0).... refresh... inbox (0).... refresh... inbox (0)... refresh... hmmm I feel like I'm on a merry-go-round. I've gotta get away from my computer, it's starting to permanently attach to the end of my fingers.
    There is only one guaranteed outcome when you write a novel: insanity.

Oh jeez I hear you. I've been doing it all week. I feel like I'm going insane!

Even I get a response on my other two fulls soon I'll be like "WHERE'S THE ONE FROM JESSICA DAMN IT!?"
    blog / twitter

PLAN B- agented
    JUKEBOX HERO- 20K

hahah I'm so right there. I got a response on a partial this morning for a full, and while I'm excited about that, I'm still biting my nails over this one. Crazy.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    That's exciting Phantom Writer! Congrats!

I'm kinda NOT wanting to hear back, yet. Sort of keeping the dream alive, you know?

What do you (and Moost write?) is it fantasy, paranormal, etc?
    UNBOUND - YA Paranormal - Querying
    Heat - YA Paranormal 40,000/70,000
    My blog.

Mine is contemporary fiction- really hoping they liked it since I saw on their website it's what they're primarily looking for (along with edgy YA)
    blog / twitter

PLAN B- agented
    JUKEBOX HERO- 20K

Why thank you AJ for the support! Just read your exerpt of Mythic- loved it. Also, your blog about the friend fixing his playstation- that's hilarious.

I write urban fantasy, paranormal and romance. I need to set up a website, blog, etc. but with my 4 year old, full time work and master's looming over me- I have very little time. Plus, so scared no one would want to read my blog: my life is boring. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Writer View Post
    Why thank you AJ for the support! Just read your exerpt of Mythic- loved it. Also, your blog about the friend fixing his playstation- that's hilarious.

I write urban fantasy, paranormal and romance. I need to set up a website, blog, etc. but with my 4 year old, full time work and master's looming over me- I have very little time. Plus, so scared no one would want to read my blog: my life is boring. haha
    Thanks! I had a lot of fun with Mythic.

Are you talking about my blog or Moost's? Beacuse I don't remember writing about a playstation? Haha!

I hear you about being busy. I've got 4 kids, though now 3 of them are back in school! It seems so easy with just one! Who would've thought?
    My blog.

I hear you! I'm working on getting accepted into my school's accelerated Master's program- I can start taking graduate classes senior year and get the MA in two extra semesters if I get in. So stressful, since it's a competitive program. So my life= super boring. I forced myself to make a blog though, and linked it from my Facebook- my friends seem to enjoy it. If you make a blog I'll follow you hehe.
    blog / twitter

PLAN B- agented
    JUKEBOX HERO- 20K

Talking

One too many clicks this morning. I told you I really need to get away from my computer! Moost did talk about the playstation! Duh. But I did read Mythic, and I did actually go to your blog too! I couldn't imagine having 4 little ones. My boy is adopted and unfortunately, we've had a really bad experience trying to adopt again... so... i'll focus on writing and hearing from Ms. Sarah Jane at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ajcastle View Post
    Thanks! I had a lot of fun with Mythic.

Are you talking about my blog or Moost's? Beacuse I don't remember writing about a playstation? Haha!

I hear you about being busy. I've got 4 kids, though now 3 of them are back in school! It seems so easy with just one! Who would've thought?

Ahhh you are so sweet. Yeah my blog would be refresh, refresh, refresh. That's about it.

I went back through some of the older posts in here, there were a lot of requests around our time and several are still outstanding unless the people didn't post her responses. Since this is a long weekend (for some, me included!) I'm not sure if we will hear back from her before next week now. Refresh.. Refresh..

Quote Originally Posted by Moost View Post
    I hear you! I'm working on getting accepted into my school's accelerated Master's program- I can start taking graduate classes senior year and get the MA in two extra semesters if I get in. So stressful, since it's a competitive program. So my life= super boring. I forced myself to make a blog though, and linked it from my Facebook- my friends seem to enjoy it. If you make a blog I'll follow you hehe.

Hi guys,

I've been lurking for a few weeks and decided to finally break down and register. I am waiting to hear back from Jessica, too, and just wanted to share the info that according to her blog http://agencygatekeeper.blogspot.com/ she left for vacation last night. She said she was reading manuscripts at the airport, but I think we should probably assume we won't be hearing from her this week.
    Last edited by ejNY; 10-11-2009 at 08:10 PM.

Wow, thanks ej. I didn't even know she had a blog. This will take some of the mystery out of the waiting process this week
    blog / twitter

PLAN B- agented
    JUKEBOX HERO- 20K

Glad I could help! Her blog is wonderful. Also, I met her at a conference (had a pitch meeting and saw her speak on a panel) and she was just as sweet, intelligent and enthusiastic as all the comments on this thread claim she is.

EJ thanx for chiming in!

I didn't know she had a blog either! I'm bookmarking it. Thanks!

One too many clicks this morning. I told you I really need to get away from my computer! Moost did talk about the playstation! Duh. But I did read Mythic, and I did actually go to your blog too! I couldn't imagine having 4 little ones. My boy is adopted and unfortunately, we've had a really bad experience trying to adopt again... so... i'll focus on writing and hearing from Ms. Sarah Jane at this point.
    My little girl (the youngest) is adopted from Korea. It was a very difficult and heartbreaking process. I am in awe of anyone who goes through it more than once, believe me. It's definitely not for the weak of heart.
    My blog.

Ditto on the blog too. Didn't know - but the post about the tea set cracked me up. She can't send it back, hoped that it wasn't from an author that she had already rejected without mentioning the tea. And yes- I wish that I could get paid to read novels all day!

Adoption in iteself is heartbreaking- we went through the county and had an absolutely horrible experience, but I wouldn't take back one minute of it. It makes me appreciate my little boy all that more.

Here is the Guide to Literary Agents interview that led me to her blog. Also a good read: http://www.guidetoliteraryagents.com...f4ac56725.aspx

hey everyone! sent a query (edgy young adult) to sarah 10/-7 recieved request for full manu and synopsis from jessica this morning. I'm really excited ^_^

Constant Craving:Now Available from Cobblestone Press

Shadow Play: Now Available From Changeling Press (Jeri Duvall)
    Down in a Hole: rewriting
    #1 Crush: 55,000/55,000 (rewriting)

practical experience, FTW JamieB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrose331 View Post
    hey everyone! sent a query (edgy young adult) to sarah 10/-7 recieved request for full manu and synopsis from jessica this morning. I'm really excited ^_^
    Congrats! I sent my query around the same time and haven't heard...maybe I have a response sitting at home in my inbox. Hope it's a request too!!!

Good luck to you - and everyone else...
    Leap of Faith - Sept. 3, 2013, S&S Children's on GOODREADS

www.jamiemblair.com
    Twitter @JamieMBlair

Writing as USA Today Bestselling Author Kelli Maine
    The Give & Take Series - Grand Central Forever
    www.kellimaine.blogspot.com
    Twitter @KelliMaine

Anyone hear back recently on their full/partials? I'm still hanging out here doing- refresh refresh refresh. Although, I got offered representation from another place, so I'll be sending an inquiry email shortly on this full. I'm really hoping it is a yes from Sarah Jane though, I would prefer going with this company.

Anyone hear back recently on their full/partials? I'm still hanging out here doing- refresh refresh refresh. Although, I got offered representation from another place, so I'll be sending an inquiry email shortly on this full. I'm really hoping it is a yes from Sarah Jane though, I would prefer going with this company.
    Wow! Congratulations!!

I haven't heard back yet...
    My blog.

AJ- I was hoping! I'll be sending off my status email to Jessica tonight. I've asked for a week to notify all the agents I have fulls out to and take some time to review the contract. It's not a bad deal, but I'm a bit new to this, so I want an Attorney to look over the contract before I sign.
    Last edited by Phantom Writer; 10-14-2009 at 01:33 AM.

I sent an email query/proposal on 10/08 to the Sarah Jane Freymann agency, and received a request for the manuscript on 10/13 from Jessica Sinsheimer, who identifies herself as an associate agent. Hopefully I did not just jinx this.

-Maddie

Sent e-query to the agency and received an auto-acknowledgment saying they'd review it-fingers crossed!

And congratulations on your offer Phantom!!! That is awesome!

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast