Emanuel Church has a donate button on their website, if you'd like to help.

See also the Mother Emanuel Hope Fund

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency

Benefactor Member
    My timeline so far is excellent too:
    Query for my historical fiction emailed Sept 28th 10pm.
    Reply from Jessica the very next morning, requesting a full and the synopsis. Less than an hour after I emailed that, I received a personalized email acknowledging receipt of the submission and that they'd get back to me. From what I've read in this thread, I'd be in great hands if I ever become one of their clients. Here's to hoping!

I don't dream for nothing! Skodobah's Avatar
    Received a polite rejection via e-mail today from Jessica. Oh well!

- Julie
    A Place In This Life
    Available now at Amazon.com

www.julieduck.wordpress.com
    www.julieduck.com
    www.twitter.com/skodobah

New York. If you see me anywhere else I'm lost.
    I'm still waiting on a full with Jessica. Subbed **8/28. Not 9/28. I'm so dumb.
    Last edited by Moost; 10-07-2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Me = dumb
    blog / twitter

PLAN B- agented
    JUKEBOX HERO- 20K

Foreshadowing Queen erin_michelle's Avatar
    Ack! Just received my rejection on my full submission to Jessica. I can't complain since she mentioned that she enjoyed the concept, but it wasn't a good fit for her.
    Blog

"Stories are wild creatures, the monster said. When you let them loose, who knows what havoc they might wreak?" - Patrick Ness, A Monster Calls

Yikes, mine should be coming soon then...if I'm reading the thread properly you both subbed after me. Any minute now! I just want to get the first R out of the way
    blog / twitter

PLAN B- agented
    JUKEBOX HERO- 20K

Not to be a serial poster in here but I have another question: does anyone know if Jessica passes a MS to her colleagues first if she likes it?
    blog / twitter

PLAN B- agented
    JUKEBOX HERO- 20K

Dancing between good and evil... Phantom Writer's Avatar
    Your first R? You mean on a full or are you talking on any query? And I'm not sure about if she passes them on or not. Others that subbed after mine have heard too- so fingers crossed for both you and I.
    There is only one guaranteed outcome when you write a novel: insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Writer View Post
    Your first R? You mean on a full or are you talking on any query? And I'm not sure about if she passes them on or not. Others that subbed after mine have heard too- so fingers crossed for both you and I.
    Full R. I wish it were my first query R!

Something is definitely strange that everyone is hearing before us though. Gonna be the two month mark for me soon.
    blog / twitter

PLAN B- agented
    JUKEBOX HERO- 20K

I'm right there with you- about a week after in fact. I did get the automated response when I sent it. Maybe ours is in the "re-read" pile? Or a considering pile? I don't want to think it's in the "not worthy of a response" pile. hahaha

And on the R thing- I was really going to say you have one heck of a query if this is your first submission to full! I was going to ask if you gave query lessons!

Quote Originally Posted by Moost View Post
    Full R. I wish it were my first query R!

Something is definitely strange that everyone is hearing before us though. Gonna be the two month mark for me soon.

I'm right there with you- about a week after in fact. I did get the automated response when I sent it. Maybe ours is in the "re-read" pile? Or a considering pile? I don't want to think it's in the "not worthy of a response" pile. hahaha

And on the R thing- I was really going to say you have one heck of a query if this is your first submission to full! I was going to ask if you gave query lessons!
    Haha no I NEED query lessons. Well maybe not any more. SYW got me to three fulls, but the rejections do keep pouring in.

I did get the automated response though- Jessica even emailed me to let me know she got it. Hopefully you're right about the re-read pile. When did you submit again?
    blog / twitter

PLAN B- agented
    JUKEBOX HERO- 20K

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Phantom Writer and Moost: when did you two submit? My full went out on Sept 14 so I'm thinking I should be hearing anytime now too. Then again, I did recently send her a revision so it may be longer because of that...

I submitted August 28th. Did she ask for the revision?
    blog / twitter

PLAN B- agented
    JUKEBOX HERO- 20K

I submitted August 28th. Did she ask for the revision?
    No. I contacted her after revising due to agent feedback and asked if she would like the revision. She said yes, so I sent it. She was very polite and gracious about it.

practical experience, FTW socact's Avatar
    I'm on the same timeline as you guys. I submitted a partial on 8/26, and the full on 9/17 (she requested the full after the partial, but maybe she wanted the full initially - she said "sample," so I didn't know what to send). Anyway, I'll let you know when I hear something.

Quote Originally Posted by ajcastle View Post
    No. I contacted her after revising due to agent feedback and asked if she would like the revision. She said yes, so I sent it. She was very polite and gracious about it.
    Wow- she sounds great. The same thing happened to me- sort of. An agent gave me feedback on my first three chapters and I made subsequent changes. It's probably too late for me to send Jessica the revision now though.
    blog / twitter

PLAN B- agented
    JUKEBOX HERO- 20K

Wow- she sounds great. The same thing happened to me- sort of. An agent gave me feedback on my first three chapters and I made subsequent changes. It's probably too late for me to send Jessica the revision now though.
    She does seem very sweet. I love that she asks for fulls right off the bat, that way she can read as far as she wants until she knows for sure.

Hmm...it does seem like you're getting close to hearing from her now. Maybe if she likes it she'll offer anyway or suggest revisions that are on track with what you've already done. Here's hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by ajcastle View Post
    She does seem very sweet. I love that she asks for fulls right off the bat, that way she can read as far as she wants until she knows for sure.

Hmm...it does seem like you're getting close to hearing from her now. Maybe if she likes it she'll offer anyway or suggest revisions that are on track with what you've already done. Here's hoping!
    Thank you! Good luck to you as well. Judging from the last few posts it seems as if she's reading backwards. So maybe we'll get a response soon.
    blog / twitter

PLAN B- agented
    JUKEBOX HERO- 20K

Thank you! Good luck to you as well. Judging from the last few posts it seems as if she's reading backwards. So maybe we'll get a response soon.
    You're welcome! And thank you. I'm a little nervous to hear back from her. She was my first full request. I have another out but that was agency submission guidelines so I don't really count that as a request. I also have 2 partials still out. But I really like Jessica. I'll be sad to get a reject from her. LOL!

My full went out the first week of Sept. So we are all right there together. AJ sounds like you've had a great experience with her and my fingers are crossed for you too!

My full went out the first week of Sept. So we are all right there together. AJ sounds like you've had a great experience with her and my fingers are crossed for you too!
    Thanks! Mine are for you too.

I don't have my hopes up but you know...

Got a R from Jessica to my full. It was quick: she got back to me in 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by naa989 View Post
    Got a R from Jessica to my full. It was quick: she got back to me in 10 days.

Moost? AJ? Anything?

Moost? AJ? Anything?
    Nothing for me yet! But I checked yesterday and I just sent the revision on 9/26. I don't think she'd gotten to my first submission yet but I wonder if that pushed back my dates?
    UNBOUND - YA Paranormal - Querying
    Heat - YA Paranormal 40,000/70,000
    My blog.

I wouldn't think the resub would push your date back, but I could be horribly wrong on that. Fingers still crossed. (toes too)

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast