• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency

socact

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, I don't have a synopsis, but I'll send the first 60 pages. Thanks!

Deep Woods Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Deep in the Maine woods. Even a GPS has trouble fi
New guy and a bit of background

I'm a new post'er here so bear with me. I'm wondering if anyone has any 'history' with Steve Schwartz ? I am about 1/2 way thru my 1st book, ala a Clancy/Brown type novel. According to his history-looked for list, my book is in the ballpark he's seeking. But, and it's a VERY BIG B-U-T, I'm not seeing any specific examples of this type novel listed on the website.

My question is, therefore, a simple one. Is it worth querying, much less getting a ms ready, for this agency given their demonstrated client list ?

Thanks
Mike; [email protected]

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
New York. If you see me anywhere else I'm lost.
I queried the agency and received a request for a full from Jessica the next day. It seems as if she has recently been promoted to an associate agent. Is anyone here a client of hers or is she just starting to build up her list?

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
Sarah does seem very quick.

I sent her a query yesterday and got a full request today. From what I've heard, she's a great agent. I hope she enjoys the MS :D

Well done everyone else for their fulls + partials.

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
I had the impression this agency didn't handle much fiction. Am I wrong about that?

Skodobah

I don't dream for nothing!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
julieduck.com
I queried Sarah last night and received a request from Jessica this morning for a synopsis and full manuscript. It was funny, really, when I decided to query this agency, as "Sarah" by Starship was playing on my iPod. I love quirks like that!

- Julie

erin_michelle

Foreshadowing Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I e-queried Jessica this morning and got a request for a synopsis and my full manuscript two hours later. I am so excited--it's my first request!

Taking a time out to thank you all for the helpful advice on these boards! You all are awesome! Good luck to everyone with requests!

Arkie

a reader's ear and a writer's heart
Registered
Reaction score
I think these folks ask everyone for partials. I don't know why they don't just ask for the partial as part of the query process and be done with it. They asked me for a partial after I sent a completely untraditional query letter.

jsouders

Registered
Reaction score
I think these folks ask everyone for partials. I don't know why they don't just ask for the partial as part of the query process and be done with it. They asked me for a partial after I sent a completely untraditional query letter.

You may be right, but I'm not complaining. I queried them a few days ago and within 4 hours, received a request for a full. I just sent it off, so (*crossing fingers*) I'll be waiting patiently as I stare at my email inbox. :)

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a rejection from them or a non-request for a partial or a full after they queried? It seems like their in box is stacking up with fulls/partials...

jsouders

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a rejection from them or a non-request for a partial or a full after they queried? It seems like their in box is stacking up with fulls/partials...

My friend sent one in when she heard how fast they responded to mine, but hasn't heard anything yet. Not sure what that means, but since most everyone had a response in a few hours, it does cause me to wonder. I'll let everyone know what happened with both of ours.

:)

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
My friend sent one in when she heard how fast they responded to mine, but hasn't heard anything yet. Not sure what that means, but since most everyone had a response in a few hours, it does cause me to wonder. I'll let everyone know what happened with both of ours.

:)

That is weird since their responses have been so quick. Please let us know if she gets the same response for full/partial. Thanks J!

socact

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a partial on 8/25, got a request for the full from Jessica today, 9/15. Not sure if this is because she wanted the full from the start (she said "sample," so I sent 70 pages), or if she wants to read more. In any case, thought I'd give you guys a timeline.

jsouders

Registered
Reaction score
That is weird since their responses have been so quick. Please let us know if she gets the same response for full/partial. Thanks J!

Okay, she still hasn't heard anything, but she looked at the site and they're looking for edgy YA, she doesn't think her's qualifies, so she's assuming it was rejected.

Last edited:

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks J! I will keep my fingers crossed for your friend! Looks like there a little backed up given So's previous post...

erin_michelle

Foreshadowing Queen
Registered
Reaction score
jsouders: It took me about a year to get any bites (as well as a new manuscript). Tell your friend to hang in there!

jsouders

Registered
Reaction score
Well, great turnaround. I just got the big r. Said, "I enjoyed reading this. This is a great concept--but I'm afraid that this is not quite right for us." and then told me to keep looking. Not sure if this was form or not, but either way a pleasant experience all around. I will def. submit again when I write something else.

Good luck to all who are still waiting.

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
WOW J! I can't believe they already read through yours! Fingers crossed for you on your other queries. Still waiting to hear back on mine. :)

WriterMorgan

Scribble, type, scribble, type.
Registered
Reaction score
Query submitted about a week and a half ago. Full MS requested a few days later. I think it's standard they request a full if they like your query, so I'm going to be patient bc it seems as though they have a bunch of fulls sitting in the "to be read pile."

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
ditto for me too. sent e-mail. no response as of yet- still excited tho.

erin_michelle

Foreshadowing Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I sent mine through email, but they said I could send it snail mail if I chose to.