• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
PS: as if she already couldn't be the nicest agent ever, she just emailed me back now at almost 11:30pm, thanking me for the compliments on her blog, and telling me to definitely let her know when I hear some good news with my outstanding opportunities....WHAT!?!??!?!

Could she BE any nicer????????!!!

I am BANKING on one of you getting her as an agent so we can all celebrate! ;)

I REALLY love Jessica! I seriously just want to go hang with her for a while. She sounds super cool and oh so much fun!

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
New York. If you see me anywhere else I'm lost.
I REALLY love Jessica! I seriously just want to go hang with her for a while. She sounds super cool and oh so much fun!

Jessica does sound awesome. Which makes me believe that she wouldn't willingly ignore my revision offer email- I think her emails are being blocked from my server. I don't have a spam filter and I received her confirmation email so I really don't know what's going on. Perhaps I'll email her tomorrow. I'd just be incredibly embarrassed if she's already rejected me and the email just didn't reach me!

Southern Girl

Prayer in a tango
Registered
Reaction score
YAY! I got an email from an associate agent asking to read my full! Yay - this is my first full request!!!!

dotsoec1

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with Romi, Moost--send her a status email. It never hurts to ask!!! Good luck! Positive vibes!

Yay, Southern Girl on your first full request! Exciting!!!

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
Moost- good luck tomorrow! Did you see her blog about the dangers and benefits of self publishing?? Very interesting read!

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! I did read that entry. She seems very well informed and knowledgeable for such a young agent.

Wound up sending my status query five hours ago. No response yet. Acknowledged that I was having email trouble so it wasn't a nudge but rather just checking to make sure she hadn't tried to contact me in the past two weeks.

Vermilion

Sleepless in Asia
Registered
Reaction score
Ms. Jessica requested a partial from me in June, but I realized I had already sent my partial to Ms. Katharine Sands in May. I explained the situation to Jessica and she very kindly offered to take a look should Katharine decide to pass.

I nudged Katharine twice and haven't heard from her. I'm seriously considering to submit to Jessica soon. She seems like a very nice and friendly person. :)

I'm wondering if anyone else heard from Katharine recently?

Last edited:

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
I know it's only been a day, but no reply to my status query. I am paranoid my email is blocked from Jessica's server because my boyfriend has not been receiving my emails either (he works for the department of defense). I'll give it another week before sending from a different address. Jessica seems to be such a prompt responder so something fishy is going on on my end I suppose.

Last edited:

dinner_girl

Registered
Reaction score
Jessica is great-- I've had some interactions with her and she's a doll. The turnaround time was pretty quick, within 3 weeks on a partial.

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
Jessica hasn't responded to my partial yet, and it's been almost three months. I'll probably send a status-query if I don't get a reply in the next week or so.

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
Nope. I really think emails are being blocked/lost on one end. Jessica doesn't seem like the type to ignore a question twice. Wondering what I should do. I HATE technology!

No, I don't think she is. Maybe try from another email?

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
No, I don't think she is. Maybe try from another email?

Yeah, that seems like the only solution. I'm not sure how long to wait, since I just emailed her Sunday, and if the first email did reach her that would be quite embarrassing! But not as embarrassing as a rejection never reaching me to begin with ;)

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that seems like the only solution. I'm not sure how long to wait, since I just emailed her Sunday, and if the first email did reach her that would be quite embarrassing! But not as embarrassing as a rejection never reaching me to begin with ;)

I think I would just send another one and state 'I have reason to believe that emails for my other address are not getting through to people I'm sending them to.' etc...I don;t think she'd be bothered by it at all.

RainbowDragon

Perpetuous Revisasaurus
Registered
Reaction score
I'd just sit tight a while until it reaches a few weeks after the time you were supposed to hear back.

Good luck.

Anyone here already repped by her?

Last edited:

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
I think I would just send another one and state 'I have reason to believe that emails for my other address are not getting through to people I'm sending them to.' etc...I don;t think she'd be bothered by it at all.

Yup- this was what I said in the follow up email, so that's why I think she's not receiving them.

Monday is two weeks past the two month mark so if I don't hear by then I'll assume technical difficulties and send another apologetic email.

Southern Girl

Prayer in a tango
Registered
Reaction score
Not for nothing, but I, too, sent an email when the date came (because I had new info to add) and surprisingly, she hasn't responded when before she was very responsive. Very perplexing. Her blog, which I was enjoying quite a bit, hasn't been updated either. I'm just wondering if the agreed upon deadline passing without a word means a R. ? Anyone had any experience with this problem?

"Maybe she went on vacation. Maybe she has swine flu. Maybe she eloped. Sit tight instead of coming off like a stalker psycho writer." - My husband, after I popped over to her blog yesterday. Grrrr.

nadja1972

on submission
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrisandberg.com
I do know that her blog was updated Friday. When did you email her? She seems to be incredibly responsive but also incredibly busy.

Southern Girl

Prayer in a tango
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure she's extremely busy. I can't even begin to imagine the kind of busy she probably is. It's enough to make my head spin.

Emailed her last Thursday, but meh. No biggie. I'm still submitting, so the process continues on...I do hope to hear from her eventually, however. I really liked talking to her - very personable.