JUST BECAUSE

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Just because I've got to go make tea, feed the dog, check the mail, (and hope for a miracle in my mailbox, when I know all I'm gonna find are bills), put water in the birdbaths ... then start my indoor chores.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Just because I'll do all of that for you, Liza, if you go to work for me. :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
*looks down a holey shoes without soles*

yeah, that'll work, too. :D

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, this was so neat. It's pretty hot today, in the upper 80's. I went outside and refreshed the birdbaths, then sprayed water around on the scrub oak and brush to have it dripping from the leaves. I backed away to my viewing area, and immediately the bluejays swooped in and started bathing and splashing in the baths, followed by the cardinals and an Eastern towhee.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Nice! You need to take pics and put 'em up in the Nature thread. Would love to see your birdies. :)

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
Just because life is so difficult.

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
Just because I felt like someone needed a hug...

:Hug2:

Just because I hope that someone was me. Haha.

I need a lot of advice and a how-to-tell-your-mother-her-relationship-is-unhealthy guide book.

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
But goddamn. :( She wants to marry him and she is literally angry with him for various things every single day, and suspects him of stealing money and prescription medication. He can go from being scary angry to kissing her butt acting sweet. She said she thinks marrying him will make him change, but they don't even resolve these recurring issues. And I live with both of them, so this directly affects me as well. I want her to be happy, but I see this marriage ending in divorce, and him dragging her through hell in-between. I can't sit idly by. I need to at least tell her all of my concerns, even if she won't actually listen to me. I just hope to god she doesn't hate me for it. I wouldn't have an issue, but she herself is telling me about these things that upset her... and you don't change a person by marrying them. I think it will just get worse. aglsdkjgldfl

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
But goddamn. :( She wants to marry him and she is literally angry with him for various things every single day, and suspects him of stealing money and prescription medication. He can go from being scary angry to kissing her butt acting sweet. She said she thinks marrying him will make him change, but they don't even resolve these recurring issues. And I live with both of them, so this directly affects me as well. I want her to be happy, but I see this marriage ending in divorce, and him dragging her through hell in-between. I can't sit idly by. I need to at least tell her all of my concerns, even if she won't actually listen to me. I just hope to god she doesn't hate me for it. I wouldn't have an issue, but she herself is telling me about these things that upset her... and you don't change a person by marrying them. I think it will just get worse. aglsdkjgldfl

Goodness. Why do we...? *sigh* Yes, if you can talk to her (calmly) to at least share your feelings and (factual/rational) impressions. It might be best to find an adult (in her circle, if at all possible) who can help and support you. Or a counselor/support staff at school if she's been closing everyone out.

You will have to hang on to your ultimate Cool so as not to appear jealous or pouting.

*careful of site TOS spirit fingers*

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
Goodness. Why do we...? *sigh*

Sorry. Maybe I really shouldn't talk to her, like you suggested. But I just want to spare her all of that time and heartbreak because of all the reasons to get married I'm not sure she's got them.

Yes, if you can talk to her (calmly) to at least share your feelings and (factual/rational) impressions. It might be best to find an adult (in her circle, if at all possible) who can help and support you. Or a counselor/support staff at school if she's been closing everyone out.

You will have to hang on to your ultimate Cool so as not to appear jealous or pouting.

I'm not in school anymoreee, I'm 19. My mom has been re-married before, and my step-dad passed away. I'm really not pouting or trying to hold her off. In fact, I wouldn't particularly care. We joked about them getting married earlier in this month. But when they are yelling at each other every night and she's ranting to me, or taking me aside to warn me in a quiet tone not to trust him or give him any money, I wonder how she could forget how much she doesn't trust the guy. The only thing I can say for sure myself is that his personality is so strangely artificial, his moments of anger so strong and terrifying, and that he is strangely manipulative (he never wants to spend time with her unless it's for his own purposes).

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the hugs. :) I just really feel like... damned if I do, damned if I don't.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I don't get the impression that you are pouting, but are concerned. It's just easy to go "off" in an emotionally-charged conversation, you know? So having a Helper in tow, well, helps. :)

If you're not insured for support services, check into your local municipal/community/free offerings. Just because...chat room moral support can only go so far.

:)

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
Just because my mother was very receptive to my concerns when I talked to her, and I hope that everything is actually ironed out now.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Glad it went well, Guardian. :) Now you know how mother's feel all around the world while trying to talk some sense into their kids. But sadly most have to learn from experience, and go through hell before they realize that their mom may have been right. But it's what shapes and molds us- makes us who we are, the bad along with the good.

Hope all works out for you and your mom. <3

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just because my mother was very receptive to my concerns when I talked to her, and I hope that everything is actually ironed out now.

That's good. You're a good daughter, but you can only do so much. The rest is up to her.

*hugs*

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Just because advertising works. I just saw an add for Red Robin with a big, juicy cheeseburger. Now I want one. Of course, it didn't help that I am really hungry at the moment.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Just because sometimes we women latch on to what's available, (men), because we don't want to face being alone. Guardian, I hope your talk helped!