• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Writers' Journal Magazine

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
Is anyone familiar with Writers Journal Magazine? (Link: http://www.writersjournal.com/)

I was wondering about it as a market more than as a resource. It's a bimonthly. I remember buying it now and then when I was just starting out, but I guess I "grew out of it." Still, I flipped through a copy lately and realized I still I liked the style. I did get the impression that it was aimed more at beginners, but there's nothing wrong with that. I still remember some of the first writing articles that made me say "Ohhhh, now I get it."

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Huh. When did Morris Publishing buy it?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, it looks like Val-Tech still owns it, they just print it through Morris.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Closed Feb '12.

After months of searching for another publisher for WRITERS’ Journal (WJ) magazine to no avail, Val-Tech Media (VTM) has decided to cease publishing WJ. Our last prospects decided January 19, 2012, not to take on the publication. Until this time we operated as though some publishing company would continue with WJ. Unfortunately, no one has stepped forward. We thank you for your support over the years and hope WJ has helped you become better writers.