The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Writers' Journal Magazine

Writers' Journal Magazine

Is anyone familiar with Writers Journal Magazine? (Link: http://www.writersjournal.com/)

I was wondering about it as a market more than as a resource. It's a bimonthly. I remember buying it now and then when I was just starting out, but I guess I "grew out of it." Still, I flipped through a copy lately and realized I still I liked the style. I did get the impression that it was aimed more at beginners, but there's nothing wrong with that. I still remember some of the first writing articles that made me say "Ohhhh, now I get it."
    THE Official FreakTM
    That's not me in my avatar. That's Papa Emeritus II and the Nameless Ghouls of Ghost
    -- AARlist2, my romance reader discussion group
    Dubbed "Cool Thread Starter Girl" by JeanneTGC

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Huh. When did Morris Publishing buy it?
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Quote Originally Posted by CaoPaux View Post
    Huh. When did Morris Publishing buy it?
    That's a good question. I don't remember who used to own it. (I gave most of my older writing magazines away.) Was it Val-Tech Media (which is listend on the site)?
    THE Official FreakTM
    That's not me in my avatar. That's Papa Emeritus II and the Nameless Ghouls of Ghost
    -- AARlist2, my romance reader discussion group
    Dubbed "Cool Thread Starter Girl" by JeanneTGC

Actually, it looks like Val-Tech still owns it, they just print it through Morris.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Closed Feb '12.

After months of searching for another publisher for WRITERS’ Journal (WJ) magazine to no avail, Val-Tech Media (VTM) has decided to cease publishing WJ. Our last prospects decided January 19, 2012, not to take on the publication. Until this time we operated as though some publishing company would continue with WJ. Unfortunately, no one has stepped forward. We thank you for your support over the years and hope WJ has helped you become better writers.
    ICAO
    ---------