• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Mansion Street Literary Management

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
bumping this to see if anyone has news about this agency ...

I noticed on Publishers Lunch this morning that they just added a new agent, Michelle Witte (shellwitte here at AW?). She was an editor at Gibbs Smith and is now looking for YA and MG fiction.

Hope that helps!

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
This is good news. I absolutely adore the owner and I've always wanted to submit to this agency. Now... do they take sample pages, I wonder? Says nothing in the guidelines. Off to Agentquery I go!

ETA: No record on Agent Query. But I found more detailed guidelines on her site.

shellwitte

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michellewittebooks.com
I noticed on Publishers Lunch this morning that they just added a new agent, Michelle Witte (shellwitte here at AW?). She was an editor at Gibbs Smith and is now looking for YA and MG fiction.

Yep! That's me. :hi:

I won't snoop around too much, so feel free to say whatever you like, but I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

Mustafa

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score

I won't snoop around too much, so feel free to say whatever you like, but I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

I always feel sorry for new agents. Not because of the agent grind you're stepping into, but because your email is going to crash under the weight of the million queries you're about to get. Didn't Denise Little get something like 1600 queries A DAY when she announced? And I think that number lasted months.

Good luck, Shellwrite. Good luck.

AnyaHarker

Registered
Reaction score

Welcome, welcome! Nice to see an agent stop by even to say hi and offer to answer questions. Wish you all the best.

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website

Hi, Michelle! Now that I've had a peek at your preferences, I'm not sure if you would like my contemporary YA. It might be a BIT angsty but hopefully the setting will balance it out.

I'll take the risk. :)

shellwitte

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michellewittebooks.com
I always feel sorry for new agents. Not because of the agent grind you're stepping into, but because your email is going to crash under the weight of the million queries you're about to get. Didn't Denise Little get something like 1600 queries A DAY when she announced? And I think that number lasted months.

O.O I'll count myself lucky that I only got around 50. I probably shouldn't say that. The karma gods might be watching.

AnyaHarker

Registered
Reaction score
O.O I'll count myself lucky that I only got around 50. I probably shouldn't say that. The karma gods might be watching.

I think it's because you haven't gotten added to QueryTracker yet. With the number of people that watch it, especially for the new agent alerts, I'm sure your numbers will go up!

And here's hoping they're all amazing and wonderful pitches in those emails!! :^)

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Okay, sent. Except I sent it from my regular account instead of my writer account. Hopefully, it gets there... somehow. I haven't had much luck lately with emails getting to their destinations.

FalconMage

Rob J. Vargas
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
@Shellwrite

Are there any particular genres within YA and MG that you're specifically looking for?

Since you're the second one I've seen do it, I'll bring it up.

Her username is "Shellwitte," using her last name. It's not "Shellwrite."

FoamyRules

Hamtaro Rules
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetigerseye.valentchamber.com
Since you're the second one I've seen do it, I'll bring it up.

Her username is "Shellwitte," using her last name. It's not "Shellwrite."
Yes, I am aware of that. It was late and I just got off work and was tired but couldn't go to sleep. So thank you :)

ETA: I intended on fixing that but fell asleep, so now I just did :D

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
Welcome Shellwitte!

I'm sad, my last book, A Stiff Kiss would have been a perfect, fairytale re-telling, that's "obscure"

And now I see that you are weary of Paranormal Romance... I might just have to take my chances :)

AnyaHarker

Registered
Reaction score
Sent my query off yesterday as I'm in the retelling camp. Though, my internet has been spotty lately so am now worried it didn't go through. ><

Justin_AC

Maestro of Mischief
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alwaystypingfaster.blogspot.com
I just fired a query off your way. You said you would love to find West/Southwest flavored Steampunk, so I'm hoping that includes fantasy versions of Central American/Mexican culture.

Good luck with the new gig. :]

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I just sent a query too. It's good to see you hear Michelle, active and responsive. Those are wonderful qualites to have. You sound lovely. Good Luck on your agenting and take care!

LMT

Registered
Reaction score
EQ - 5/1 (MG Fantasy)
ER - 5/3
Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:

Mustafa

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I think it says anywhere from a few days to six weeks, so I'll be curious about the turn-around on the queries sent out shortly after she announced. Good luck everyone.

MorganS

Am I there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Sent a query along with ten pages yesterday. Ms. Witte seems fantastic. (As a fellow Utahan, she must be!)

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
E-query May 2, 2012
E-reject May 7, 2012

quick reply, form rejection.

She's said she was weary of paranormal, but I took a shot anyways. Not surprised at all. She's seems very nice :) And if I have something more up her alley, I'll try again later.