Fantasy/Sci-fi Blogs

knight_tour

Fantasy Tourist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedacross.blogspot.com
I got a partial request on my first ever query! I know it doesn't mean much and I'll still likely be rejected (especially given that this agent prefers literary and has never taken on fantasy), but it makes me feel that at least I did something right on the query letter and first five pages.

Mishell

That Clarion chick!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mishellbaker.wordpress.com
That's wonderful news! It does sound like you have a great query, which is half the battle. :) You may be right about this particular agent, but this means your query has a great chance of getting past the more SF/F oriented agents. If you want a list of fantasy agents I've got a pretty good one, just drop me a PM :)

Er, but what I came here to say was:

KAREN JOY FOWLER TALKS ABOUT SETTING IN SF&F

knight_tour

Fantasy Tourist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedacross.blogspot.com
Thanks Mishell. I have a large list of fantasy agents on the Query Tracker site that I am using. If you know any good ones that aren't on there and do accept email queries I would love to know about them!

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Hi, knight. Please add martianchess.com to the list.

It's all about the Edgar Rice Burroughs Mars novels, with an emphasis on the game of Jetan, and the upcoming John Carter of Mars movie.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For any fantasy (or sci fi) writers who have settings in castles or fortresses, I'm blogging about Eastern European castles. I have a few castles up there already, with more to come as I get caught up and continue my holiday.

I'm trying to give a strong sense of the layout, mixed with a little history, so folks including fortifications in their writing can see more than an overhead shot or a few random interior shots.

I hope to have guest bloggers to fill in the gaps between my trips to Europe. So if anyone is keen, let me know. Any fortification will do, as long as you give a good sense of the area.

Mishell

That Clarion chick!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mishellbaker.wordpress.com
For any fantasy (or sci fi) writers who have settings in castles or fortresses, I'm blogging about Eastern European castles. I have a few castles up there already, with more to come as I get caught up and continue my holiday.

I'm trying to give a strong sense of the layout, mixed with a little history, so folks including fortifications in their writing can see more than an overhead shot or a few random interior shots.

I hope to have guest bloggers to fill in the gaps between my trips to Europe. So if anyone is keen, let me know. Any fortification will do, as long as you give a good sense of the area.

I love love love this blog and have bookmarked it! Too bad you don't have any pics of Predynastic Egyptian style huts... sigh ;)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to plan a trip, Mishell :D

And thank you for the compliments. New posts coming soon as I catch up.