• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Martha Kaplan Agency

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Agentquery says she accepts queries. I read a blog entry from one of her clients and she had made a good placement of the client's YA book. I can't find much else unless I'm with Publisher's Marketplace, I guess.

litgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Chumplet, did you just send her a query, or pages and a synopsis, or what? I like the interview on GLA, but I'm not totally clear on what she'd like to see on first contact.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
I met Michelle Humphrey at a recent writers conference. She was very personable- we had breakfast and she asked me to send her a partial. (I wasn't even pitching her!)
She ended up rejecting it (Kind of knew she would- not quite right for her) But she invited me to query her again.

Vermilion

Sleepless in Asia
Registered
Reaction score
E-queried Michelle on April 16th, received request for partial on April 20th, sent it, and she rejected it on April 24th with a nicely worded (not sure if it's form?) letter. She's very fast, from my experience.

Wisteria Vine

Registered
Reaction score
E-queried Michelle on April 16th, received request for partial on April 20th, sent it, and she rejected it on April 24th with a nicely worded (not sure if it's form?) letter. She's very fast, from my experience.

Very fast. One month from query to conversation.

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have information (names, genres, query guidelines) for anybody else at Martha Kaplan? QT yields no one. AQ only mentions Michelle. Google gives me mentions of the agency and references to Michelle.

I'm well into querying, so I'm doing a quick sweep through agencies with reported sales to see if I missed anyone. Turns out I've missed quite a few. So any information, if only to cross them off my list, would be appreciated.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Just FYI, as of yesterday, Michelle Humphrey is back with Martha Kaplan.

The agency keeps a low profile, but one of the tasks Michelle will be doing is creating a website for them, so stay tuned.

jaksen

Caped Codder
Registered
Reaction score
In MA, USA, across from a 17th century cemetery
I've run into several agents and agencies without websites.

I suppose people said the same thing when 'everyone' had a phone - we wondered how 'those people' got by without one.

Oh, and Michelle had my full, ultimately rejected it.