• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Baker Publishing Group / Bethany House

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
The Bethany House website links to its parent group Baker Publishing, whose submission policy states:

Baker Books, Bethany House Publishers, and Revell do not accept unsolicited manuscripts.

We will consider unsolicited work only through one of the following avenues. Materials sent to our editorial staff through a professional literary agent will be considered. In addition, our staff attends various writers' conferences at which prospective authors can develop relationships with those in the publishing industry.
You may also submit your work to one or more of the following manuscript submission services, which serve as a liaison between publishers and prospective authors: Authonomy.com, The Writer's Edge, and Christian Manuscript Submissions, an online service of the Evangelical Christian Publishers' Association.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you. I missed that, *CRAP* Coffee is needed STAT!

Last edited:

az shea

Copy editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aszanoni.blogspot.com
Job openings at Baker Publishing.

Baker Publishing's seeking a project editor according to PW. Since it looks to be line editing, I'm going to pass on applying for that.

According to their website, they are looking for freelancers, however. Who know biblical languages. Hmmm...

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
FWIW: Bethany House now has two HIGHLY problematic books. Breslin's For Such A Time, with a Jewish woman falling in love with a death camp commander, and Witemeyer's At Love's Command, with a "hero" who spent thirteen years participating in the US genocide of Native Americans.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OT: eqb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :: offers appropriately distanced hug :: So awesome to see you!

Reactions: eqb

writerskunk

Registered
Reaction score
FWIW: Bethany House now has two HIGHLY problematic books. Breslin's For Such A Time, with a Jewish woman falling in love with a death camp commander, and Witemeyer's At Love's Command, with a "hero" who spent thirteen years participating in the US genocide of Native Americans.
Oh, good lord. That'd be enough to scare me off for sure.

Reactions: AnneMarble