• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Newbreed Publisher

Mysty

Registered
Reaction score
Website
artisticlicensebook.wordpress.com
A friend of mine says they were solicited on FaceBook by someone from a house called Newbreed Publishers and they wanted to see her book when she told them it had Christian themes. I was wary, so I Googled and came up with nothing. There was one with a similar name, but my friend said it wasn't it because the guy running it was white and the person she talked to was black.

I'm really just hoping that it's a small publishing house, but still... anyone here know anything?

Mysty

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yeah, like I said, I searched and found a similarly-named one but nothing for Newbreed Publishing. And I wouldn't trust it if all that can be found is a FaceBook page...

Edit: My friend just told me that "he said they are a smaller firm. They started off in getting published books reproduced in Nigeria and importing. They have branched out into publishing for business, motiviational, inspirational and Christian."

Mysty

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hah, I thought there was something wrong with that but my brain was fried. Yeah, yeah it is. So unless I can come up with some more info, it seems like he's just some random guy trying to solicit writers over FaceBook for a publisher that doesn't seem to exist...

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Just for the record: Newbreed Publisher (singular) is not to be confused with New Breed Publishing aka Newbreed Books.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
It sounds like Newbreed is at best a start up in the US. But having the actual name of the owner would help, and perhaps some ISBNs of previous titles.

MickRooney

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.theindependentpublishingmagazine.com
A friend of mine says they were solicited on FaceBook by someone from a house called Newbreed Publishers and they wanted to see her book when she told them it had Christian themes. I was wary, so I Googled and came up with nothing. There was one with a similar name, but my friend said it wasn't it because the guy running it was white and the person she talked to was black.

I'm really just hoping that it's a small publishing house, but still... anyone here know anything?

Stop hoping. Publishers don't solicit authors openly, only via an agent. Even if they did, they certainly wouldn't use Facebook. That's like a passer-by across the street shouting over to you saying, 'Hey, you fancy having your book published' just so every other person in earshot can hear their pitch. No reputable publisher sells themselves - they're in the business to sell books.

The fact they had little or no online presence should scream 'stay away - very far away'. Even if they are small and new (every publisher has to start somewhere), the fact they haven't cracked Google says an awful lot about them.

Mysty

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yeah, that's what I thought. But I wanted to come here first and get some opinions on it just to make sure I didn't tell my friend and she accused me of being jealous or something. So yeah, I showed her the thread and she turned him down. But it seems like the guy has done it to more than just her, looking at the page.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Still nothing but the Facebook page. Doesn't look like it ever got off the ground.