• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for manuscript swap for YA Fantasy novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

warofthesparks

I know what happened to Baby Jane.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey. I have a 92,000-word fantasy novel that needs a beta reader. I am looking for a beta who can spot plot holes, inconsistencies, and overall problems with the manuscript. I am willing to swap with someone and give a general critique on their manuscript. I'm not an expert on critiques but I will read and give my opinions on the work.

Here is my query:

Fifteen-year-old Nox Barton discovers that even his teleporting ability can’t help him after he is forced to defend himself against an attacking teacher.

Accused of stealing a precious book of spells, Nox has no choice but to fend off an attacking teacher. When word reaches the rest of the administration, the hunt to capture him begins, turning his life into a nightmare. Mai, his cat burgling cousin and the supreme authority on eluding capture, agrees to help him avoid and spy on the staff that are combing the school for him.

But conviction becomes the least of Nox’s worries as two of his pursuers--teachers who wish to claim the book for themselves--turn into pale-skinned, animal-like creatures before his eyes. When they kidnap his mother, he is left with one choice--he must find this Book of Secrets and trade it to save his mother’s life.

But Nox soon must face the biggest challenge of all: trying to save his mother while putting the book into the hands of the very creatures who will use it to seize control of every witch and warlock on his small island home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.