March Just Hit Send

ravenlea

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
thanks for the good wishes. we're still looking, but what bothers me is that no one, anywhere has seen her. WIth the bunchkin home I'm getting very little done. Seems yesterday all I did was put out fires (one literally! seriouly, what is wrong with my world??) Only managed one article, so I have five to do today with a little editing. Might blow it all off and do some mindless fiction writing. :)

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe the fiction writing is just what the doctor ordered. Do some of that for awhile and then backtrack to the articles. :) Or give yourself the fiction as a reward for completing the articles first. :) Your choice. You can do it.

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
I posted today's Notable Quotable at The Freshman Writer and put up a St. Patrick's Day article up at the examiner site. Also, looked for writing gigs and markets. Found several to work with. I'm also thinking of pitching an idea for a parenting/family column to my neighborhood newspaper. Looked around the website and found a need to fill. So, I'll need to think on it some more before sending that out. Also debating whether or not I should write more essays. I enjoyed the challenge of sending out an essay for the Chicken Soup series. More thinking and writing. lol Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful day and writing their butts off! Later.

ravenlea

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
took the bunchkin and one of her friends to the Saint Patrick's Day parade in town this morning. Now I have an hour and a half to get in a full days work. I really need to learn some time management!

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I have been so tired lately from all the stress, but GREAT news on the jobs - I got them all turned in by last night, and some of them even came off better than expected. Now I'm back to a normal workload, but today I took OFF. Time to rest, finally.

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
Wildscribe - Woohoo!!!
ravenlea - I took kiddo out for a bike ride when I got home from the day job today. He had fun and I got to read for a bit. lol

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
Well, looks like my writing pals are busy, hopefully with writing and other great things. I posted three articles at the parenting site this morning and a post yesterday at my portfolio and at The Freshman Writer. After a good night's sleep (10pm - 6:45) I felt refreshed enough to do some writing. Hopefully, I can keep that momentum going. No goals as usual just accomplishments. Later!

Cleopatra Jones

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like everyone is working hard!

Wildscribe - Congrats on getting through your insane week, and bravo on taking some time for yourself. I think taking a good long rest can only be beneficial for writing.

Ravenlea - I hope you were able to finish get everything you needed to accomplish. Any word about your dog? I'm thinking good thoughts for you.

Skyraven - You're bursting with ideas right now, huh? Roll with it! I love those periods when ideas are flowing in one after another. Why are you debating writing more essays? By that I mean, what's the debate? Are you having some reservations?

As for me, I updated my freelancing blog and my Petite Paris blog this week (amazing for me!). I also am poised to hit send on a query, just awaiting feedback from a writing buddy. I've finished 3/5 of my DS goals for the week and now have 3 full hours of uninterrupted (I hope) writing time, in which I hope to move my book forward. And maybe update my freelance blog again.

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya cleo. Great to see how busy you are. I really need to keep getting enough sleep since that's why the burst happened really. I was able to focus clearly this morning. Anyway, the debate with the essays is that I have to think them out really and find markets for them. I find it easier to find the markets first and then write. I do have reservations because I'm primarily a non-fiction article writer and blogger. I'm stretching myself with the essay writing. I found it to be a great challenge and really satisfying after completing it. I feel like I can do it again, but it was a bit draining for me. In a good way, though. I also have to keep in mind that I work full-time, part-time and have a social life besides being a mom. My hope is to keep everything balanced so I'm not overwhelmed. That being said, I applied to two writing jobs. Both for the topic of parenting. Seems that's my expertise. lol Way to go on the blog writing and the soon-to-be JHS. :) You keep it up. :) Thanks for visiting the blog and commenting. I really appreciate it. I responded if you want to go check it out.
Raven - my thoughts are still with you and Pepper. Hugs!
wild - I'm glad you made it through to the other side. :) You should be so proud of yourself. Enjoy your rest and I hope to see you soon.

I also drafted new ideas for features on the examiner site. Now that they have put up more money for articles I'm willing to try. After all I'm getting a lot of exposure because of it. I need to journal though. But, I left both my journal and my flash drive. I'm so annoyed with myself. lol When I'm a bit tired, I forget stuff. Can't believe I forgot my flash drive. lol Talk to you all later.

Last edited:

Cleopatra Jones

Registered
Reaction score
Skyraven - Ah hah...I see. I know just what you mean. It's hard to know where to put your energies sometimes. There are so many cool things you can do as a writer. I just blogged about 5 ways to make money as a freelancer, and I was thinking - hey! why I don't start a editing/proofing business! But then, of course, I realized that I barely have time to get any writing done now- I'd be much more frustrated if I tried to squeeze something non-writing related into my schedule (though I'd have more $$!)

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
very true. I've thought about that as well. Not editing and proofreading, but coaching. I am a therapist after all. I should be able to use that, shouldn't I? Still trying to figure out how though. I may end up overwhelmed given that my day job is counseling. So, I'm not in a rush to develop that idea yet. lol
Back to writing - Today's Fav Friday item. Check it out at The Freshman Writer.

ravenlea

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
afternoon all! Been a busy morning for me. Managed to get two articles done and contacted the new editor at one of the mags I write for. Unfortunately that got cut short when a semi decided to use our lane to turn around in and took out half the fence. Thankfully the horses in that pasture were on the far end eating and didn't even notice. They've been moved until we can get it fixed and I think I landed a job with the new editor due to all of this.

My plan for the afternoon - if all goes smooth - is to get out at least two more queries. Wish me luck!

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
Hey ladies!

I'm stepping down as mod, time has not been kind lately and you deserve better. I'll still be here getting in the way but in casual wear instead. *takes off mod hat*

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
@plaidearthworm - I thought she was her royal zombieness.
@wyntermoon - sorry to hear that you're stepping down. But, I'm glad you'll stick around doll. :)
@ravenlea - bummer about the fence, but yay for the job! Woohoo!
Well, I received a positive response yesterday about a writing gig I applied for. Two weeks is when I should expect to hear if I got the job. I really want this one. Four articles a month. Also the article about gifts for teachers has changed on me. Now, I'm thinking of doing one about the pros and cons of giving gifts to teachers. I've seen the gifts articles around christmas and I want to do something different. We'll see how that goes. I also was called about a gig I applied for months ago and I'm excited about it. :) So my writing really is taking off this year. 2010 is mine! lol Later awers!

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't want to mention it before for fear of jinxing it, but it a friend of mine stepped down from a super regular blogging job and recommended me as her replacement. Looks like I have been hired. Woot!

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
@wildscribe - I thought you did mention it. Maybe my brain hasn't really woken up yet. lol Congratulations!
No writing yesterday, but got a few great ideas gelling after doing some people watching in the park with kiddo. lol They're still bouncing around in there.. :) Annoyed that my crackberry's wifi function hasn't been working since Friday. My internet is running so slowly now that I can't tweet as much. Think I'm having withdrawal symptoms.

ravenlea

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
wildscribe - congrats! good for you!
wyntermoon - sorry to hear you're stepping down, but glad you're not going away.

working on two essays to send in for a Chicken soup anthology. One I thik I've got down, the other I'm having real trouble with. plus making wedding plans with my sister - she's getting married next JAnuary. I'm in Idaho, she's in Africa and her fiance is in Wisconsin. Talk about long distance planning! Not getting much done today lol

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
Starting a new writing job today. Going to work on it tonight after getting home from the dayjob and picking up kiddo. Posted at The Freshman Writer about discipline, which will be the theme for the week. And still meditating on how to use my counseling experience to help others. I get stuck on my own self-doubt and it keeps me from really exploring that. Sigh!

Cleopatra Jones

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone - sounds like everyone's off to a productive start to the week!

Wildscribe -congrats on the regular gig! Sounds like a fantastic opportunity. Will you post a link to it, so that we can follow you?

Ravenlea - Good luck with the essays - I just went thru that in Feb. (Submitted two to Chix Soup. One of them was such a nightmare to write; the other one flowed like water)

Amydoodle & Wyntermoon - Will have to make time to read your posts!

Skyraven - Read your post and commented at FW. I realize I wasn't very hepful, in the end. I guess what I wanted to say is that what helps me to be disciplined is realizing how much I am compelled to write: I have always done it; I will always do it. So when I actually find the time to write, I appreciate how precious that time is -- and that's what keeps me focused. Does that make any sense?

As for me, hmm. I have a shortened week as my in-laws are coming to visit, so I'm trying to cram usual work week into three days...which doesn't work at all since I still have the same amount of babysitting time. Ah well. Preparing to JHS on a query tomorrow. Quickly preparing another query to send out by Wednesday. And I have DS assignments to finish, though I might have to let them lapse this week. Oh yeah, and I'd like to write at least two blog posts this week. *snort*

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Hi CJ, it's ghostwritten and I don't think that the owner would like me publicizing that she isn't actually the author. :)