March Just Hit Send

CatMuse33

Just hitting send
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allcotmedia.com
Wildscribe - CONGRATS on the new gig! Very cool!

Wynter- Sorry you're stepping down as mod but glad you'll be sticking around! :D It's so cool to see Army of Ermas taking off so well, too! :)

Sky- Are you thinking about writing coaching or another type of coaching, like life coaching with your counseling experience? Your idea about gifting or not sounds great... especially in this economy. Everyone's doing 'low cost gift ideas' but there are a lot of reasons not to give at all.

I sent out four pitches this weekend to Experian/Mint where I write sporadically. One of my ghostwriting clients just asked me for 5 posts a week (rather than one or two) so that's been keeping me busy, but the steady pay is working well. I have to put it in overdrive this week to get all my blog posts done for the week I'm in Florida. I plan to work a bit while I'm there but I don't want the pressure of every day blogs.

I realized I have gotten so far off-track with posting goals here, mainly because I have so many projects in the works, I don't even know where to start. I have a few reasons to finally finish the writing course I've been thinking/talking about for, oh, YEARS... but need a website to market it and don't really want to maintain another day-to-day blog. I guess that's going to be my big goal for April... to get that blog launched.

For this month, it's really just getting ahead on my blogging so I can relax in Florida and enjoy Disney and family and friends.

Dawn

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Hope all is well.
Cleo - saw your comment and responded. It made total sense and I can definitely relate. You're a busy bee. I think you can't get it done. With your discipline, anything is possible. :)
Dawn - wow! You've got a lot going on and you get a vacation too? I'm excited about two days off next week. Can't imagine if I had a week to go to Florida. Lol I'd like to do writing/life coaching since it would incorporate my counseling experience. I'm just so unsure of it because I've got so much to do right now. I have the dayjob, a part-time and writing as well. A writing fried of mine on Momslikeme.com just cc'd me on an email to a parenting website looking for mommy bloggers. The abundance of writing coming my way is amazing. Well, I DID say that 2010 was the year for my writing to grow! Lol I got up early to do research this morning and I'm hoping to finish that tonight. I've also been thinking of going back to a memior/educational project that I've had festering on my flashdrive. I've been going through a spiritual dryness and maybe this will help me work through. Either that or I'll put it off for another few months or so. Lol Later pals.

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
Dawn - lol Yup. The part-time job is with momlikeme.com. I'm a discussion leader there and sometimes I register moms for the site when we have events. But, I've cut back on events because the day job stresses me out. Lol I like it too. :)

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished the last of ten blog posts since Tuesday for my new ghost-blogging client. Fun! I also sent a one sentence pitch and a link to a longtime editor of mine. Not sure what else I want to do today. I'm tired and I have a busy night, but I would like to get some work done.

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I posted my Fav Friday item at the Freshman Writer. Haven't posted at the parenting site, but need too. Have a ton of article ideas to put there too. Brainstormed three article ideas all based on interactions with kiddo today. Lol Add to that a book idea that I got yesterday on the commute to see a client for the day job. 10 parenting topics, 10 chapter ideas, one book. Not bad for two days writing. :)

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I did an article follow up and added a couple of markets to my database last night. I didn't even intend to work, it just sort of flowed into it. Nothing today, but I cleaned half the house, baked bread, and made a lasagna. ;) Happy weekend, everybody.

Cleopatra Jones

Registered
Reaction score
The month is almost over and I'm pretty pleased at how much I got done! Spent the weekend fleshing out the first chapter of my book -- longhand because we were in the country and my husband forgot to pack the laptop! I also hit my DS goals for last week, sent out two queries, and put a blog post up at The Expat Freelancer about Tax Deductions.

There's only one thing bugging me: an editor responded to a pitch follow-up about 2-1/2 weeks ago, saying that he liked the idea and asked me my opinion on timing (in which issue I thought the piece was most appropriate). I responded and never heard from him again. A week later, I sent him another email (I was afraid he didn't get it because he told me that he had never received my first query, only the followup), but still no answer. I guess I have to let it go now, huh? It's just odd that he seemed so interested, told me he was looking forward to my reply, and now I get radio silence! Even if he was no longer interested, why wouldn't he just say so? Opinions?

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
He could be incredibly distracted. I had an editor like that once - she drove me nuts, only answering every third email or so. I'd try calling the publication if you can manage it.

Cleopatra Jones

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your input, WildScribe. His telephone number was in his signature line so I suppose I could try that...I was just worried that he'd think I was too pushy. Yesterday, I sent him a different pitch just to get on his radar screen again....if he doesn't respond to that, I'll give him a call. After all, he didn't get that first email - maybe he's getting none of them! (He probably is, but you never know...)

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
Cleo - Wild's idea is a good one. If he put the feelers out for it, he's probably overwhelmed. Give it a bit and then contact him by phone. Good luck. Great progress on your writing. Glad to hear about the first chapter.
Wild - way to go on the writing and the day off. :) Pass some lasagna. Yum!
As for me, I've put up the editorial and Notable Quotable at The Freshman Writer, posted at my portfolio about my progress so far and was given more duties at the part time job. Will be twittering for them as well. Good to know that my tweeting is going to pay off for me. Reading two writing books right now, The Writer Mama and A Writer's presence. Both very good books and I'm learning a lot. Maybe this will be the topic for next week's editorial. :) Talk to you later.