• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Mic Cheetham Associates

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
MC is a London (England) literary Agency. Their client list has a few familiar names but I was wondering if what's written on their site is ok to trust.

Thanks for any help.

Fall'

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. She's an established agent with a good record. I did notice that her site hadn't been updated in a couple of years the last time I looked.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Top class agency with stellar clientele.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Thank you. Might just make sure she's not fully booked first then and send email before snailmail.

Do either of you know if she's changed contact details since?

Last edited:

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Yep, that's the one I've got written down. Thank you, hun!!!!!.

MariaPap

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know the average response time? And after which point it is pointless to wait, even if you have included a Sase?

MayaP

Registered
Reaction score
FWIW, I've been waiting over a year for a response on one sub from this agency, almost 6 months for response on a second, SAEs included both times. ::shrug::

Brindle MacWuff

Registered
Reaction score
2 months so far for me. If I've gone to the cost of a SAE, then they should reply. To send an SAE as per their instructions and not recieve a reply is just bloody rude.

akaSylvia

Doesn't Bite
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.intrigue.co.uk
For the record, I submitted to Mic Cheetham Literary Agency in July 2009 and received a form letter response in November the same year. So at that time, the agency was responding efficiently. I'm about to submit there again and will report back on response. :)

* Sylvia *

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I'm reasonably sure my rejection came pretty quickly from Mic Cheetham at some point last year. I'll check my records tonight.

ETA: I can't find my info but like I say, I'm pretty sure it was a quick one.

Last edited:

timewaster

present
Registered
Reaction score
She's my agent. The details are accurate. Don't really know about response times. She's very quick a responding to clients.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Website is still down. A search on Royal Mail for the Fleet Street address has no listing for Mic Cheetham Associates there. AuthorAdvance.com gives a Dover Street address - again, no listing for MCA there. Royal Mail has listings for both MCA and the Marsh Agency at 50 Albemarle Street, so this seems like the right address to use.

The phone number on Simon Beckett's site (and AuthorAdvance) goes to Simon Kavanagh directly, rather than a switchboard - I got his voicemail. I chose not to leave a message as I was only looking to confirm submission guidelines, and I figure he probably has better things to do. For the same reason I'm not going to try the email address.

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Any recent interactions with this agency? The website is still down, but if that is just a personal taste thing, I can't complain. Just want to know if Simon (I presume he is the main agent there now) or anyone else there are open to Fantasy subs.