Agent Made Offer

LoriA

Registered
Reaction score
Hedgetrimmer - I've been following your story and I'm so happy for you! It's nice to see all the support from the folks on AW. Here's to a happy ending...or a happy beginning, in this case!

Hedgetrimmer

What happened, just there?
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone, a million times over. This agency certainly wastes no time. Stephen responded to my acceptance e-mail by asking to take a look at my YA novel. An hour later, Ms. De Chiara sent me a copy of their contract.

I also dropped the editor a note letting her know that I've since secured representation, and that any future correspondence concerning the YA novel needs to be directed to him. Stephen and I are planning a phone conference later this week. I know I shouldn't be nervous, but a part of me is.

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Really, I couldn't be more thrilled. :e2bouncey

Congrats!!

cscarlet

AW = Procrastination.
Registered
Reaction score
OMG HEDGE!! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! :) I'm so happy to see all of your hard work has finally paid off :)

Hedgetrimmer

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys. It really means a lot coming from fellow writers. Friends and family can give sincere congratulations, but only others traveling the same path truly understand what each milestone means.

Mware -- His words were quite flattering, but I know if my book ever gets in the hands of an editor, she'll definitely find some flaws with it.

jilly61

aye aye in search of an agent
Registered
Reaction score
:snoopy:That's fantastic news, Hedgetrimmer, and not a minute too soon. Good luck with your other two books, too. :snoopy:

Inkblot

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I met him, Hedgetrimmer, at a workshop. He seemed like a very nice guy. Congratulations and good luck!

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
Stephen Fraser of the Jennifer De Chiara agency sent me an e-mail saying he loves the book and that he thinks it's "nearly flawless." He offered to represent me.

This is well deserved, HT. Mr. Fraser obviously knows quality when he sees it. Congratulations! You never gave up on this story, and you were right to stick to it. Best of luck! I'm so damn happy for you.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So happy for you, Hedge! Aren't you glad you hung in there through the tough times? :)

Brandy

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah! I was so heartbroken for you when I last saw you post, I'm so happy for your good news!

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, everybody, on the count of three:

WE TOLD YOU SO!!!!

Sweetness has such a beautiful voice. I'm so thrilled you stuck with it and found the right agent.

Put me down for a copy. Or three.

Hedgetrimmer

Registered
Reaction score
Huge thanks to all of you.

Dolores, Smish -- It's been a pretty long road I've walked with this book, and it's hardly over yet, but it does feel good that I stuck with it in the face of so much rejection. I've always felt I owed it to my MC to tell her story.

Judy -- I remember when I posted my first chapter in SYW nearly three years ago and how enthusiastic you were from the very beginning. Your enthusiasm hasn't wavered once, and that really means a lot to me. You'll definitely get your copies.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!