Awer's on Facebook

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post---was wondering if anyone here has a Facebook account? would love to add you!!

mine is [email protected] if interested---just tell me who you are!!

Thanks.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
There's an Absolute Write Water Cooler group on Facebook, aspiring. It's called AW Addicts, check it out. :)

Collectonian

Inclined to eclectic eccentricity
Registered
Reaction score
Oh cool, didn't know there was an AW Facebook group...off to find it :D

Deleted member 42

I absolutely don't want to harsh anyone's buzz, but I'm beginning to back away from FaceBook; the new privacy stuff was already wigging me out, but now, with the entire Google Buzz fiasco, I'm finding myself read the *same post* three and four times.

So I'm not on FB very often; please don't take it amiss.

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
I absolutely don't want to harsh anyone's buzz, but I'm beginning to back away from FaceBook; the new privacy stuff was already wigging me out, but now, with the entire Google Buzz fiasco, I'm finding myself read the *same post* three and four times.

Amen. The whole Facebook thing is a mess. It's an interesting mess, but it seems to beg people to throw away their privacy.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score

I'm not on FB very often, but I absolutely don't do that Buzz thing. I don't get it, honestly.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
I also tend to friend only people I know on Facebook.

However, I have started a group to promote my novel, released as an e-book on 19 April. That's open to all, so if you want to join that you are welcome to do so!

Of course, if you promise to buy a copy of my novel, I might be persuaded to friend you...

Shara

Last edited:

DisobedientWriter

Kirsten Lesko
Registered
Reaction score
Website
disobedientwriter.com
I just created an FB page under my pen name so I wouldn't have to be as concerned about the privacy issues. I'm just getting started, but am open to all readers and writers. My email is [email protected], or the account is under Kirsten Lesko.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just a reminder: y'all might not want to put your email addresses in your posts; who knows what crawlies will pick them up off our pages?

I spent ages belting up my facebook privacy, but I've just turned my account off for the meantime, which means I'm spending more time back here. Kind of like kicking crack to get back to the heroin, really. I mean, if heroin were good for you. Or something.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Amen. The whole Facebook thing is a mess. It's an interesting mess, but it seems to beg people to throw away their privacy.
It's so interesting to me as well.

I don't know if people understand that they really ought to review the privacy policies on restricting what your friends can post ABOUT you.

One of my daughter's friends posted pictures of the two of them getting completely wasted over the New Year and though my daughter turns 25, imagine how she felt when I phoned her to tell her she might want to restrict that sort of thing given that it could give employers a very negative image.

I'm like Medi, I'm backing away from FB on this as well.

I'm one of those annoying people who deletes everything on her profile page at the end of each day. And now, I just have lost interest.

Oh and btw, people might want to stop and remember that through your friends, people can gain access to your pages too, so I'd really pay attention to the privacy settings.

urbanmum

Village Vagabond
Registered
Reaction score
I just found the AW Addicts group! If anyone wants to add me search 'Bella Bowie' and let me know you are another AWer.
:)

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
zomg, that name's familiar ;)

I look at all the e-mail addies openly posted in this thread and I CRINGE. Yo, spambots, dinner time. Come and get it. Nothing like increasing your chance of being sent a hundred viruses a day too, in case thinking of it that way gets through the skull.

I am, BTW.