• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Other Side of the Badge Magazine

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone submitted anything to this magazine? They had posted a request for submissions here, and their magazine was supposed to start up in April. (www.othersideofthebadge.com) I posted a submission about a month ago (and I'm willing to be patient, of course) but I've noticed that their website has not changed since I first checked it out a few months ago, and that concerns me.

They are a mag that caters to the fire, police, and EMS communities; I don't know how many of you are into that sort of writing niche, but I'd love to hear from anyone w/ any experience w/ them.

Thanks.

DTNg

Going through the motions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writersrow.com
Hmmm...Come to think of it, I had an article accepted around March or April. I was told I'd be alterted as to when it would run. They pay on publication, so I haven't been paid yet for my submission.

Guess a letter is in order.

Shwebb

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know the magazine is a start-up; I wonder if something's wrong. No one where my husband works as a paramedic has yet heard of the mag at this point.

Thanks so much for letting me know of your experience (so far) w/ them.

Shwebb

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is the email I got from Other Side of the Badge Magazine today:

Hello,

Thank you so much for your interest in the other side of the badge and I apologize for my delay in responding to your email. We have had to temporarily close down the magazine but hope to reopen it in the near future. Since we are not currently producing the magazine I do not check this mailbox often and thus my delay in replying to you.

I apologize for the wait you've incurred. As a writer I know the eagerness withwhich you wait for feedback and article sales. I did not see your initial submission in my email archive so I am not sure if it was caught in a spam filter or if somehow the email was deleted from my inbox another way.

I would like to keep your name as a potential columnists or contributor when we are able to re-open. Please let me know if that is alright with you. Thank you so much for your interest and we hope to work with you in the future.

Serving those who serve us,

Tiffany Colter
Editor, Other Side of the Badge Magazine
www.othersideofthebadge.com

Oh, well, I'll just have to find somewhere else for my essay.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site is gone; no sign it reopened.