UK meet thread [Sat 27 April 2013, London]

Status
Not open for further replies.

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
It is? Hmmmm, can I afford to make this? *ponders*

Actually, any north based members interested in a possible meet up on world book night? We may be hiring a venue and having a mutual publicity party... Hairy nuts are welcome as are none hairy ones...

schizoidwoman

Lolling about on Gin Lane...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pinterest.com

Actually, any north based members interested in a possible meet up on world book night? We may be hiring a venue and having a mutual publicity party... Hairy nuts are welcome as are none hairy ones...

I'm in West Yorkshire and brande new to AW but I would be interested in a meet up in the north!

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com

When and where?

I'm in West Yorkshire and brande new to AW but I would be interested in a meet up in the north!

I will be organising a non-London, probably northern-based meetup for sometime this summer. Watch this space in the coming months. :)

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone going to Eastercon in Bradford?

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Northern meet? Well, we peeps in Manchester are planning something for world book night in April if anyone is interested in coming along and meeting people... there will be tea and I may even bake cakes (which will be gluten free...).

JFitchett92

Registered
Reaction score
I would love to make the meet in London, but sadly I am on holiday :( It would be interesting to meet some members from here though :) So maybe the next meet.

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Not got any details of the WBN meet yet, still waiting on venues... but when I have them I will post on AW (probably in a new thread) so those of you who are interested can pop along and say hello and turn it into a mini AW meet of sorts.

Currently we are pondering a local library and the FAB cafe...

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
As a newbie AWer I'd be interested to come along to the London meet up if it's an open invite? It'd be great to meet people and its only an hour and a bit for me. I'm not going to kill you in alleyways or steal your purses. Honest.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
As a newbie AWer I'd be interested to come along to the London meet up if it's an open invite? It'd be great to meet people and its only an hour and a bit for me. I'm not going to kill you in alleyways or steal your purses. Honest.

Well, where's the fun in that? :D

Yep, come along. As long as I don't get hit with another £1000 vet bill in the next couple of months, I'll be there.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
The world's most expensive cat and the world's worst pet insurance company.

Pre-existing condition, my arse.

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Dunno... people from Essex... there's a rep there we have to be careful of. Mugging and stealing purses is only the least of our worries from the descendents of the East Saxons.

And one does have to wonder why there is no county for the North Saxons (Nossex :) ) and who these folk were who took their place...

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Sympathies, though. I keep meaning to get my furball insured.

Definitely do it. If we didn't have my overdraft, it would have been a grim start to the year. As it is, we're now broke for months but at least we have a living cat.

Dunno... people from Essex... there's a rep there we have to be careful of. Mugging and stealing purses is only the least of our worries from the descendents of the East Saxons.

This is true. We might end up covered in fake tan.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
Nah you're safe - I'm a pale and interesting incomer :p well not so sure about the interesting but I'm trying. Very trying sometimes.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a definite possible.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I'll have to pass - I'm crossing the pond the next day on a stupid o' clock flight. Save me a twiglet and I'll try to make the next one...

Status
Not open for further replies.