What religion are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Jinx_

Registered
Reaction score
Clarence Darrow said:
I am an agnostic; I do not pretend to know what many ignorant men are sure of.

^What he said :3

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Was raised Church of Christ (supposedly "non-denominational" and very conservative) but as I became more educated (that's not meant to be a slam, just truthful) and liberal, my views skewed more toward straddling the line between atheism and agnosticism.

Now...partly tongue-in-cheek, partly serious...I consider myself a "Possibilian."

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
i was raised catholic. all of my great greats as far back as anyone can remember were catholic. i have an aversion to organized religion and consider myself an agnostic--until i get on an airplane. then i turn catholic as all get out, packing rosaries and scapulars and a vial of holy water to douse fuel fires. tornado season usually brings out the catholic in me, too--s6

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
i have an aversion to organized religion and consider myself an agnostic--until i get on an airplane. then i turn catholic as all get out, packing rosaries and scapulars and a vial of holy water to douse fuel fires. tornado season usually brings out the catholic in me, too--s6

Heh, that's like that old saying, "There are no atheists in foxholes."

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
in 2007 there was a massive tornado in greensburg kansas. and then it headed for our town. the sirens went off; my mexican neighbors showed up at the door with rosaries, holy candles and two cats. we huddled under my basement stairs praying the rosary in spanglish. it was a duplex so we could hear our methodist neighbor praying through the partition. three dogs, three cats and seven people all praying in their own way!--s6

DarthPanda

All hopped up on goofballs.
Registered
Reaction score
I was raised in the Esoteric Order of Dagon.

Church is kinda boring, but VBS was great when I was kid. We didn't have to make any popsicle-stick-and-glitter cross keychains or sing kiddie hymns or anything. We pretty much just hung out at the beach. Actually, we still do that a lot.

Konfettii

Registered
Reaction score
I was raised Catholic, and that's the religion I chose to have stamped on my dog-tags. I still attend mass semi-regularly, though I also take classes in other religious beliefs. I consider myself a seeker of knowledge and my views are in a constant state of evolutionary flux.

Deepthought

Think hard, often
Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
To answer the question, I am not a religion. However, I am a Sufi Muslim. The ideology was the majority in Muslim lands until British colonialism helped Wahab give rise to his Wahhabism and to the Saudi family their Saudi Arabia. Then a bunch of stuff happened. Sorry, I had to say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.