The Line of the Day--NO CRITTING

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
"Fierce speculation ran wild with theories about the surprising death ranging from the simple heart attack all the way up to and including a wild rhinoceros entering his home through a door left open by a forgetful servant and trampling the man to death before making a swift and stealthy exit. This latter theory was immediately discredited but there still existed some who believed it to be true."

Yeah, that's the kind of tone of casual stupidity that my WIP has right now.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Just wrote this last night. Kelli has a gang member willing to testify against his gang leader in the murder of another witness. Unfortunately, the DA's office is not going to pursue due to lack of concrete evidence, so the man is put back in Gen Pop. (General Population) She finds this out from her lieutenant about an hour after it happens.

“Where are you going?”

Kelli turned and looked at him. “Back out to Rikers. I’ve got to do something, at least see if I can get him put back in isolation. He’s our only witness against Diaz right now, and if he gets killed, we’re back to square one.”

“Okay, get out there and see what you can do. In the meantime, I’ll make a few calls, see what I can do,” he said and reached for the phone. “And Kelli, try not to piss anyone off.”

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, it's been so long since I've been here to actually post something I've written. ::nervous::

Regina turned back to me, reappraising. "Watch out, Simon. She's smarter than she looks. I know how you hate that. Of course, if you're that smart, darling, what are you doing with the likes of Simon?"

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Hot off the presses!

From my WIP. Kelli is talking to her new partner about Miguel Garcia, the drug lord that is trying to kill her. She has a plan to get Garcia, but it all hinges on a new DEA agent.

“I don’t know, but if he really wants me dead, and after missing the last two times, maybe he’s just arrogant enough to want to do it himself. If the DEA does their job, we’ll know the minute he’s in New York, and then we find out who’s got bigger balls.”

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
My money's on Kelli. :D

So is mine. :D

Just wrote this. Kelli has been shot and her Lieutenant is filling her in on the investigation. (Don't worry, she'll survive. Heck, can't kill off my MC.) *more than one line*

“Are you up for this,” he asked, clutching the file in his hands.

“I think so. My leg doesn’t hurt that much right now, but that’s thanks to the morphine. What have you got, boss?”

He pulled a chair next to the bed, sat down and opened the file. “This is really odd. The slug they pulled out of your leg matched up to the ones they pulled out of Hayes and his wife.”

Kelli felt a chill run down her spine, and she involuntarily shivered. “It’s not odd, boss. It just means that either Garcia is in the city, or he ordered one of his men to shoot me. I think Mateo set me up.”

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got some interesting plotage going on there. :D

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Hot off the press. This is from my current WIP. Kelli is talking to the new DEA Agent, Gregory Larsen. They are working on a plan to get Miguel Garcia, but there's a problem. He has an enforcer that is a real psycho, and they have no way to track his movements once he leaves Colombia.

“Then we’ll just have to wait for him to make a move, lure him out. The only thing is, I’m the bait, and we all know what happens to the bait,” she said and sank back in her chair.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
From today, part of my meager 205 words in 4 hours. The muse is being stubborn.

Kelli is back at the Squad, standing in front of the whiteboard she has set up. She's looking at two new photos she got from Agent Larsen.

Becerra on the other hand was a big man and Kelli could see why Garcia had chosen him. His face was scarred, his eyes cold and dead. She had to admit it, the man scared her, and she didn’t scare easy.

“Now that is one scary looking son of a bitch,” Eric said as he stepped up next to her. “Who is he?”

Kelli looked at him, then back at the photo. “Garcia’s enforcer, and apparently the man he’s going to send to kill me.”

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Where is everyone?

Okay, another line from my current WIP. Kelli is talking to a lab tech at the CSU about a ballistics report. She and her partner were the targets, in broad daylight!

“Let me ask you a question, Detective. What do you carry? A 9mm?”

“Yeah, most of us carry a Glock, so?”

“And I bet your ammo is 115 grams.”

“Wait, are you trying to say it was someone in the Department shooting at us today?”

“No, I’m not saying that. But whoever was shooting at you is using the same size ammo that most Law Enforcement agencies use, including the NYPD.”

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
This is getting a little odd. Is no one but me writing AWesome lines? :D

Another few lines I wrote today with all of my idle time at the day job.

Kelli and Kevin are at home and Kelli is still a little shook up about being shot at the other day. Kevin comes up with what he believes to be a temporary solution to her mood.

Kelli looked up at him, curious as to what he meant. “What are you doing?”

“I’m going to get you off your ass and take you down to the range. Call it therapy. It’ll help you clear your head. After you’ve fired a few rounds into that silhouette, I know you’ll feel a lot better. Always makes me feel good,” he said and smiled.

Kelli looked up at him, took his hand and grinned. “You’re a nut, you know that?”

“Yeah, but I’m your nut,” he said and laughed.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Just from trying to jot some random stuff down. No solid planning, just writing whatever little snippets occur to me.

"We got something for you Cavil," barked Chief Superintendent Collins, barrelling into the room like a bulldozer and slamming a piece of paper down on the desk with his big meaty hand.

"What is it now?" Damien asked, barely looking up from his book "lost cat? Or is the poor thing stuck up a tree this time?"

"They found a body." Damien froze and finally looked up at the man.

"What?"

"You heard me," Collins said shortly "a body. Out near Paddleton."

"Really now?" Damien grabbed the paper up with eager hands and scanned it hungrily.

"That's what I said isn't it?" Collins grumbled "found the poor sod this morning. In his car in a ditch, burnt to hell."

"Oh," Damien said "good."

"Good?"

"Things just got interesting."

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Wow- you guys are all on fire- excellent lines~

now I'm not sure i should post mine-

But I will:D

From my once finished and now WIP (third complete rewrite) (Vic is trying to help cross escape- thats all ya need to know:))

"You know, if this was a Star Trek episode, you would so be a red shirt."
Vic pulled Cross along behind him, trying to ignore the pain in his arm. "I always hated Star Trek."
Cross stopped for a moment, his face distorted in disbelief. "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that, so I can still respect you in the morning.'

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Very nice, everyone! Love it!

Let me see, I had something a few days ago... from a difficult moment in my MC's life:

And just last night my biggest worry was being accessory to murder.

(That's right before things really go south for her. :D)

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
"You know, if this was a Star Trek episode, you would so be a red shirt."
Vic pulled Cross along behind him, trying to ignore the pain in his arm. "I always hated Star Trek."
Cross stopped for a moment, his face distorted in disbelief. "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that, so I can still respect you in the morning.'

Awesome. As in full of awe. Well done, Shea.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
My turn:

“My mind is boggled by your outstanding collection of t-shirts. What made this one the winner?”
“It just screamed date at me.”
“‘If you think I’m sexy, you should see my avatar’ screamed date? I think as a general rule, if your clothing is screaming anything at you, it’s time to go back on your meds.”