• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Mondial

MadScientistMatt

Empirical Storm Trooper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madscientistmatt.blogspot.com
That outfit doesn't look very professional to me. Their words to imply that your books will be sold in bookstores are the same ones that fee-based POD's use to imply the same without actually saying that the books will be there on the shelves. They plaster the page with Google Ads like a content-based website - commercial websites normally make money by promoting their own business, not others. And there's that phrase that always sets off my alarm bells, "Publish your book free." At the best, they sound quite unprofessional.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Royalties on net, no mention of an advance, and "all bookstores have access to it." Hoo, boy.

Have you, personally, ever seen one of their books in a bookstore? Have you ever read one of their books? Has anyone you know read any of their books?

When you're looking for publishers start at the top and work down. Odds are you'll never reach these guys.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
Also, there are a number of media and communications companies with "Mondiale" in their names -- for instance, Mondiale Publishing Ltd. Picking a name that's only one terminal vowel removed from that is either sneaky or gormless.

CaitlinK18

"Sephiroth is my bishie!"
Registered
Reaction score
Oops. There was already a thread about this. My bad. It's been a very slow day at the office...

Montana Wildhack

This subject has come up recently on another forum. So I did some checking. It looks like they don't have a single book in their catalogue that is less than 100 years old. All a bunch of reprints of public domain stuff. I checked with Ingram's automated number on the sales of one of their books. I picked Balzac's Ursula. They sold 21 books last year, 29 so far this year. 6 are on order and none are in stock. Making the sales of this book a whopping 56 POD books. I checked a couple of their other ISBN numbers - for instance that classic Venus in Furs. That ISBN isn't even valid in the system. Nor were the three or four others I checked.

After a while, I did find a contemporary book for sale on their site... Say What?: Highlights from the Glory Days of the First George W. Bush Administration by Diane Stingley - Sales this year - TWO books... Sales last year - THREE books. Total requests now - ZERO ... Total on hand - ZERO... Wow - there is one happy author!! She sold FIVE books! And 3 of the ones sold are for sale used!

These guys are doing some major spamming of forums right now - especially ones with kid authors. The big key word is publish your book FREE. Kids love FREE. Sounds like a no-go to me too. XOX - Montana ...

Last edited:

Donna Pudick

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I've just recently seen this press listed in the Writers Market. That's three or four, so far I've spotted that shouldn't be in there.

DP

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
Just saying... this press is back on Craigslist trying to solicit authors.

The link given earlier in this thread is still the link they're using. I didn't even bother reading for red flags; the fact that the sidebar of the site is packed with Google ads was enough for me.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
They do next to nothing. They pay only a 10% royalty. They'll sell you copies of your own book for 66% of the list price. They refer to submissions as proposals.

Run away very fast.