AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Mondial

5657 Brežendra Rd., Treskebhar, Te’hănys, Alharhan

[Publisher] Mondial

Has anybody heard of them? Are theey reputable, or should I beware?
    Here is a link to their website:

http://www.mondialbooks.com/publish-your-book-free.html
    That's Tee kee' rahm

Say hello to my whistling dragon, Kykherhenha (and that is pronounced Kich' kee ree' nah)

Empirical Storm Trooper MadScientistMatt's Avatar
    That outfit doesn't look very professional to me. Their words to imply that your books will be sold in bookstores are the same ones that fee-based POD's use to imply the same without actually saying that the books will be there on the shelves. They plaster the page with Google Ads like a content-based website - commercial websites normally make money by promoting their own business, not others. And there's that phrase that always sets off my alarm bells, "Publish your book free." At the best, they sound quite unprofessional.

One Hit Wonder? Kasey Mackenzie's Avatar
    Yes, "publish your book free" is something I see on PublishAmerica's ads, and we all know how THEY make their money!!!
    Good things come to those who wait...and work their tails off!!!

Coming Soon on Kindle: Reborn in Fire

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    Royalties on net, no mention of an advance, and "all bookstores have access to it." Hoo, boy.

Have you, personally, ever seen one of their books in a bookstore? Have you ever read one of their books? Has anyone you know read any of their books?

When you're looking for publishers start at the top and work down. Odds are you'll never reach these guys.

Hagiographically Advantaged AW Moderator HapiSofi's Avatar
    Also, there are a number of media and communications companies with "Mondiale" in their names -- for instance, Mondiale Publishing Ltd. Picking a name that's only one terminal vowel removed from that is either sneaky or gormless.

"Sephiroth is my bishie!" CaitlinK18's Avatar

Mondial Press

Found this tidbit while wading through the dregs of craigslist.

Free. Uh huh. And let me know when Elvis gets here.
    I write books. I like pie.

www.caitlinkittredge.com

"Sephiroth is my bishie!" CaitlinK18's Avatar
    Oops. There was already a thread about this. My bad. It's been a very slow day at the office...
    I write books. I like pie.

www.caitlinkittredge.com

practical experience, FTW TrixieBelden's Avatar

mondial books

whats the scoop?

oopps, I found the other threads. Sorry! Looks like these guys are a no-go!!
    Last edited by TrixieBelden; 10-27-2005 at 04:18 AM. Reason: on account

Available on Amazon now.

The Woman Condemned - A first-hand account of America's death row women.

KellyBanaski.com - Author website.

Montana Wildhack
    This subject has come up recently on another forum. So I did some checking. It looks like they don't have a single book in their catalogue that is less than 100 years old. All a bunch of reprints of public domain stuff. I checked with Ingram's automated number on the sales of one of their books. I picked Balzac's Ursula. They sold 21 books last year, 29 so far this year. 6 are on order and none are in stock. Making the sales of this book a whopping 56 POD books. I checked a couple of their other ISBN numbers - for instance that classic Venus in Furs. That ISBN isn't even valid in the system. Nor were the three or four others I checked.

After a while, I did find a contemporary book for sale on their site... Say What?: Highlights from the Glory Days of the First George W. Bush Administration by Diane Stingley - Sales this year - TWO books... Sales last year - THREE books. Total requests now - ZERO ... Total on hand - ZERO... Wow - there is one happy author!! She sold FIVE books! And 3 of the ones sold are for sale used!

These guys are doing some major spamming of forums right now - especially ones with kid authors. The big key word is publish your book FREE. Kids love FREE. Sounds like a no-go to me too. XOX - Montana ...
    Last edited by Montana Wildhack; 07-18-2007 at 02:05 AM.

permaflounced
    I've just recently seen this press listed in the Writers Market. That's three or four, so far I've spotted that shouldn't be in there.

DP

Outside the box, with the bunnehz KimJo's Avatar
    Just saying... this press is back on Craigslist trying to solicit authors.

The link given earlier in this thread is still the link they're using. I didn't even bother reading for red flags; the fact that the sidebar of the site is packed with Google ads was enough for me.

Got the hang of it, here mulcahy67's Avatar
    saw this on craigslist myself. gave a little lol and moved on about my day.

i'm just a WIP, yo.

Hagiographically Advantaged AW Moderator HapiSofi's Avatar
    They do next to nothing. They pay only a 10% royalty. They'll sell you copies of your own book for 66% of the list price. They refer to submissions as proposals.

Run away very fast.
    Winner of the Best Drycleaner on the Block Award.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Not-free subsidiary, Golden Sky Books: http://www.goldenskybooks.com/index.html
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: