Do you have plants in your writing space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighDesertBrat

Hired Pen
Registered
Reaction score
Rural New Mexico -- Also known as the High Desert
Depends on what cafe/truck stop/waffle house/coffee shop/deli I'm writing in at the time. In my office, not a single one. Lots of plants outside though -- upside down tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, more herbs than I can list, two pistachio nut trees, prickly pear cacti beyond my tolerance for counting, several rosebushes, globe willow bushes, willow trees. Since it has to be below 40 degrees before I close my windows, the outdoor ones probably do me just as much good as any indoors would do.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
No. My cat might eat them.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
I don't do plants. Firstly, I seem to be allergic to all forms of foliage.

Secondly, green things require too much high maintenance. They die when they are near me. Probably because I forget to water them or give them sunlight and such things...

Some people find gardening relaxing and therapeutic. I am not one of these people.

Shara

anotherday12

I'm usually screaming.
Registered
Reaction score
Nope. No real plants. I would forget the poor thing and it would die.

Do fake plants count though? If so, I have three of them in my room. I don't have to remember about them at all except to clean them from time to time.

AngelicaRJackson

Angelic Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
AngelicaRJackson.blogspot.com
Am I the only one that read this subject line as "Do you have pants in your writing space?" when I skimmed through the threads? :e2smack:

As to PLANTS, I cannot seem to keep houseplants alive. My outdoor garden (we're on an acre) thrives with benign neglect, but the houseplants don't get the benefit of occasional rain. I think I'm so paranoid about overwatering the houseplants that I let them get too parched. And yes, I've even killed cacti and other varieties that are supposed to be unkillable (spider plants!).

I did find some nice artificial ferns and those perk up the corners of the house, but none in my office.

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
Mother in law's tongue (snake plant) from I think Drs Foster & Smith website poisonous plants - causes mouth swelling, can cause staggering and collapse.

I don't know whether this is for cats or dogs or both. We have one of each so I didn't make a note of that when I printed it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.