Happy Thanksgiving

AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Blue Room Publishing

Where did I put me specs? euclid's Avatar

Blue Room Publishing

Anyone have any information on this publisher?

www.blueroompublishing.com
    My web site http://www.jjtoner.com/
    I'm on Twitter @jjtoner_YA

practical experience, FTW frandavea's Avatar
    Looks like they're just starting out, and the fact that the site is geared toward writers, and not readers, is not a promising sign. Also features the standard "we're not in it for the money" stuff. I'd wait to see what happens.
    D.M. Anderson
    http://dmanderson.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/frandavea

Killer Cows (Echelon Press) - Paperback or kindle at www.amazon.com Ebook: www.fictionwise.com .
    Shaken (Echelon Press)
    With the Wicked (on submission)
    The Dark Ride - WIP

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan M.R.J. Le Blanc's Avatar
    Meh. They look like another well-meaning-but-clueless setup. Good publishers focus on a specific genre, they don't look to publish "fiction (of all flavors and genres)". Selling mystery isn't the same as selling horror or romance. Good publishers are more focused on selling to readers as opposed to attracting writers. Then there's the whole incorrect hoopla about how you have to know someone and the big bad publishers ignore new talent. Though they do claim to be signed with Ingram and that their books are carried in thousands of bookstores, they have no released titles, just three upcoming releases and two are by the same author. At best, wait and see. In the meantime query elsewhere.
    Follow me on my Blog
    I'm also on Facebook
    I have a Dragon Cave

Well, two of the books are by the person who holds the domain.

That's a bit of a red flag, but other things I see suggest that they're sincere.

I'd give it a year.

(Oh, and Fr. Dougal FTW!)

but appreciated anyway... Unimportant's Avatar
    Blue Room Publishing has two novels released so far, both by Michael Ferrari. The first is 'Assault on the Senses.'

There's no info on the website about who the owner or editors of Blue Room Publishing are.

The Blue Room Publishing website is registered to Michael Ferrari of assaultonthesenses.com.

Unusually for a book that has left no footprint in its genre, 'Assault on the Senses' has its own wiki page, which appears to have been written by the book's author.

The book's blog/webpage (http://assaultonthesenses.wordpress.com/) is inactive but makes no mention of Blue Room Publishing.

These are limited data, but they suggest that Blue Room Publishing falls into the category of "self publisher pretending to be otherwise".

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    That Wiki is for the original 2007 edition, published by iUniverse.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Total of four releases; none after '10.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: