February Just Hit Send

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
Whoo, having a busy week! I'm getting my butt in gear. I submitted an article to a writing newsletter (first cold sub I've done in a while), finished a rough draft of a Mental Floss query, posted at my blog, http://plaidearthworm.blogspot.com and I have an essay published at wynter's lovely Army of Ermas site, which also offers a host of chuckles from some of your fave AWers! Now to do a few DS articles and polish that query!

ravenlea

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
go plaid!

I'm still trying to get over this thing that is living in my chest, so I thought finishing my taxes would be a good way to waste a sick day. THink I'll try to work on a few DS articles but not sure I am sound enough to try my hand at any queries.

Still Seaking

Doing what I was born to do.
Registered
Reaction score
Having an awful month, DS rewrites from hell, unloading the truck with all our belongings on it and not feeling well. I did come across an ad for a part time writer for one of the town’s papers and applied with article clips from my days as a stringer and fulltime reporter along with my photography clips. Heard from the publisher that I wasn’t being ignored but that the response they received was overwhelming and they’d get back with me. Still trying though.

I started a new project for therapy and possible prosperity. We’ll see how that turns out. I still need to slant my query letter to the magazine I’m going to submit to and then just hit submit. So much easier said than done.

I’m still determined for 2010 to be a wonderful year and much better than 2009. In fact, I still plan on taking my life back and having the type of year I had in 2004 and was having in 2005 until Katrina came along. I think I’m finally waking up from the ensuing nightmare that began August 2005 and I’m done living in it. 2010 will be my year and I’m not going to stop until it is. I will hit send soon. Already taken some of my non-writing clients back for small jobs to get my feet wet but will be on track with others soon.

Congrats to all who are doing great, I’ll be joining you soon.

SS

Heather.R.

Registered
Reaction score
I met my goal for the month! :D

Thanks for all your encouragement and advice, I'm happy I found this forum.

I now have 3 monthly blogging clients :)

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Heather - congrats on the clients and meeting your goal. Way to go!
Stillseaking - I just have to say how much I admire your drive and persistence. Even when things seem so hard, you still stick to doing what you love despite all of the mess. :) Hugs!
Plaid - congrats on the hard work. I wondered if Mental Floss is a paying market?
Amy - Thanks so much for the encouragement. I still have to finish my final edits and then JHS. :) I really appreciate the support. You have no idea. I'm an article writer for pete's sake! And then I have the nerve to try creative non-fiction, too?! lol Go me!
Other than that a couple of posts at The Freshman Writer and busy with Momslikeme. I haven't written a thing for examiner since I've been feeling disenchanted with the whole thing. I want to be compensated well for my work and my heart is just not in this. I may continue writing there for the instant gratification, but not much more than that. I've kept the information on the new regional parenting markets I've found in the back of my mind along with the article I want to write. I'm just trying to work it out in my head, but the dayjob has been wiping me out mentally and I haven't been sleeping. So, sitting down to write has been hard. Someone send me to bed early so I can get up early and get started on that query letter! thanks!