Hello... xxx

*SA*

Registered
Reaction score
Website
whitefireandsapphireeyes.blogspot.com
Hey everyone!

I hope you're all doing well! This is my first time here, but after being told good things about this forum by some online friends on another writing site, I thought I'd give it a go. I guess I should begin with the introductions first, and please bear with me, because I can feel a major ramble coming on...

Well, I'm *SA* (there is a reason for that name, though not a super interesting one). I'm a 28-year-old scouse girl, and have been writing on and off my whole life really. I used to go onto another writing forum in '06/07-ish, and was writing pretty solidly during that time. Sadly, I kind of fell off the map when my "real" job got hectic, and my writing went on the back burner (I was still scribbling things now and then, but nothing in particular.)

On 2nd January 2009, I had an amazing dream, so vivid, and I couldn't get it out of my mind all the following day. I sat down at my computer for the first time in 6 months, and just wrote. For the first time in my life I could see the whole story from start to finish. Now, a year later, I am just finishing editing the final draft of that book, I'm about to start editing the second draft of book #2, and I'm in the middle of writing the first draft of book #3. And I'm still going, which is amazing for me. The most I'd ever managed before was 14000 words of a novel that died a miserable death before it even got going. I really feel that this is THE ONE -- the story I have to tell to the world. I really hope that when it's finished, I'll be able to get it published. The thought that I could have this beautiful story out in the world one day is incredibly motivating.

I look forward to getting to know you all!!

*SA*

Last edited:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. Good luck.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We're always glad to meet new people. Nice to have you here, *SA*.

Maryn, whose name's origin is equally uninteresting

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too (such as the Traditional Irish Pub at the top of the Newbie forum)

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Judging from the title, I was hoping this thread would contain some XXX content.

I'm a little disappointed to find that it's rated G instead, but not enough to forgo welcoming SA to AW. :)

Dwight

Registered
Reaction score
Widnes. Yup, the one where Paul Simon wrote Homewa
Hi, SA. Good to see you over here from Talkback. Are you finding loadsa good bits to read in the Water Cooler? And I reckon you won't be backwards in coming forwards to say what you think.

Meanwhile I hope the big writing projects are on target.

See you back home in TB.

Dwight

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

X

Meira

Informant X03981
Registered
Reaction score
Website
meirapentermann.com
*SA*

What a great story (about your story) ;) I had a similar experience. I'm so happy for you! What is the story about? I'm assuming it's a trilogy. Fantasy? Sci-Fi? or maybe a series?

A piece of advice. Don't *hope* you're going to get it published. If this story is as powerful as you say, you *will* get it published. Stay in that mindset. It'll make all the difference when those rejections start coming in.

:welcome: