The "T" Party.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
I had to wait six months to even go see the endo. You can make it a few more days.

I can, but I'm just worried about its impact on my research right now.

I'm having so much trouble concentrating on work, and I'm already behind.

It's so tempting to sleep until next week.

The lab work won't be that often, most likely. Probably every three months max.

I was lucky that my insurance paid for my scripts, but it did not pay for the endo or the therapist. Hair removal was my biggest expense honestly, as I had a lot of red and blond hairs to be rid of and laser does not work well for those hair colors/types--so Lucy Peters electrolysis.

Aww shit I forgot about laser costs while thinking the costs for blood work.

I think I can make it, but things are going to be tight...

Then the facial surgery (nose and lip), then the GRS (which thanks to a beneficial exchange rate in 2000, I only paid $10,000 for SRS w/ Breast augmentation, a week in the private hospital, and another week and a half stay at a special recovering mansion they have set up there in Montreal--or they did anyway, I know Menard's got to be gone but Brassard's still probably there).

Brassard's still there I think. I've read posts from some girls who've gone to him elsewhere on the internet.

I'm still undecided on when/if I'll go for GRS. And then whether I would go for a Western or Thai surgeon.

The recovery and maintenance is kind of intimidating.

It'll be a long time before I could afford it anyway.

Last edited:

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can, but I'm just worried about its impact on my research right now.

I'm having so much trouble concentrating on work, and I'm already behind.

It's so tempting to sleep until next week.

Aww shit I forgot about laser costs while thinking the costs for blood work.

I think I can make it, but things are going to be tight...

Brassard's still there I think. I've read posts from some girls who've gone to him elsewhere on the internet.

I'm still undecided on when/if I'll go for GRS. And then whether I would go for a Western or Thai surgeon.

The recovery and maintenance is kind of intimidating.

It'll be a long time before I could afford it anyway.

You have nice dark hair, so your lasering should be fairly quick and cheap. And don't worry about even thinking about GRS at this point. You have your whole life to decide. I had a lot of dysphoria, so I went for it.

As for your studies, you must embrace them. You have done everything you can do to this point. You went to your doctor. You have the paperwork. the lab will almost certainly bill you. You can always work out terms of repayment later. But, you have officially started. Feb. 1 is still your new birthday. Today, you medically started on the long road to womanhood. Don't discount this important step. So, now you can be proud of yourself and rededicate yourself to your studies. Be smart. I wasted a lot of time at university by not applying myself. Find a way to focus. Remember, you don't just want to be seen as a woman, you want to be seen as a well-educated, successful woman. I'm so proud of you. You'll be fine.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to flatten one's chest without making it super obvious? I've been using baggy jackets but they're too hot to wear all the time.

Have you tried a bust-minimizer? Most of them look like sports-bras or tube tops, and the wrong fit can result in unaboob, instead of minimalization, but if you get someone to help you choose the correct size, shape, and construction, it might give you better results.

Vanayssa

Registered
Reaction score
I am reading currently Initiation: A Harem Boy's Saga by Bernard Foong, it's quite amazing, he is entirely gay, and he goes to an exotic secret school in the middle east for training in love making with wealthy sheiks etc. Some of his classmates are bi, some hetero, some are women and some men. Not exactly transgender but still very fascinating.

Samsonet

Just visiting
Registered
Reaction score
Have you tried a bust-minimizer? Most of them look like sports-bras or tube tops, and the wrong fit can result in unaboob, instead of minimalization, but if you get someone to help you choose the correct size, shape, and construction, it might give you better results.

Have you looked into binders?

Here's a couple resources.

Thank you! Those look like good resources.

<deleted -- it was basically a suggestion to try sports bras if binders were too obvious>

I think I'll have to try this. I'd prefer not get my mom involved if at all possible -- she thinks I just have self-esteem issues and her response would be more of the "but Sammy you know you're pretty!" than anything else. So this is a good idea.

Thank you!

Last edited:

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Well apparently I don't have chlamydia or gonorrhea. Yay.

Apparently I have elevated cholesterol.

I just hope my liver is okay.

Last edited:

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Just had second appointment with therapist. Asked for letter for HRT.

I like her, but I do hope her still being in the process of getting her license doesn't cause delays.

She needs to have her supervisor help her draft and sign off on official stuff.

Which is fine with me as long as it still gets in on time for my next HRT appointment.

Once again, I'm just in "turn off the world until next Thursday" mode.

I think I'll have to try this. I'd prefer not get my mom involved if at all possible

In that case, I'd agree that sports bras are probably a good idea to try first, since they shouldn't arouse suspicion.

I have the opposite problem, but I know some can be more flattening than others.

she thinks I just have self-esteem issues and her response would be more of the "but Sammy you know you're pretty!" than anything else. So this is a good idea.

My parents think I just have OCD issues from being on the autism spectrum.

Oh, and that I'm damaged because of my emotionally abusive ex.

Last edited:

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
So I still have insecurity issues over being "true" trans.

Like, I know it took me 26 years to figure out.

But I can still be a girl, right?

...right?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com

...right?

No one would deeply consider - much less individualize and set in motion - all of the steps you are undertaking just for a lark.

There's a young woman about your age working in a store I call on who began dressing-as last year. Things start coming together in a life when they do. You do your part, but the Arrow of Time will have its way.

I'm glad you found a therapist you like!

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

...right?

Right. You can be whatever you truly are. It's not up to anyone but you. It doesn't matter how long it took you to figure yourself out.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Kuwi, as the Quiltbag AW community has demostrated in the past and still does now, there's no age limit to know who you truly are.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, all. It's been a long two weeks. Five more days.

Today I'm trying to decide whether to pluck my chin hairs while waiting for lasers.

I know it can be a bad idea, but I don't have a lot.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, all. It's been a long two weeks. Five more days.

Today I'm trying to decide whether to pluck my chin hairs while waiting for lasers.

I know it can be a bad idea, but I don't have a lot.

How long are we talking about waiting? If three months or less? Shave. Longer? Puck. Boom. What else?

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
How long are we talking about waiting? If three months or less? Shave. Longer? Puck. Boom. What else?

I don't know really.

It mostly depends on how my finances sort out and if I can find a good place nearby.

(I don't have a car, so anything requiring driving distances is difficult for me.)

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
hrt-2.jpg

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Yes that is a flying penguin on my shirt.

I feel like that penguin.

I'm wearing my Ravenclaw scarf.

If anyone asks me why I'm happy I will tell them it's because I got my letter! Because I did!

So this is what witchcraft feels like...

Last edited: