The "T" Party.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Goodbye for Now...

I'm afraid that circumstances have forced me to come to a decision about the uses of my time.

I have withdrawn my notice at work, and doubled down on my major writing project in my sigline.

Our time grows short. The world is changing. Mostly to ways not to my liking. To my mind, my best contribution to our problems lies in bringing to light, John Dee's 500year-old unified field theory, which will explain the hyperdimensional, vibratory nature of the universe and magick in modern, scientific terms. Dee swore that when his theory was finally understood, everything would change for the better. A golden age for humanity. He was a smart guy.

And, so, I give my leave here. Many won't see it, and that's fine. But, you, my people, you, at least, will know.

We are all mortal people. Death should be our best advisor. It urges me on now. There is no time to wait. Be who you are, do what you must. Don't wait. Tomorrow is no guarrantee.

I'll be gone, but I will always remember you with great love and pride, my friends. Hopefully, I'll be done in a few months, and have the time to return to you. I don't know when, or if, I'll be back. I miss you all already.

Till we meet again. It has been my pleasure and honor to be your friend.

Love,

Diana

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh. I'm well and truly sick. Stupid flu.

How're things going with my wonderful tran friends here?

No real news from me. Oh, except that I got a phone call yesterday telling me I now have a job. Don't know when I start or what location I'll be in, but it's a job in retail, which is what I've trained for.

It's a Christmas Casual position - basically they hire a bunch of people to work during the busy season, and then your contract ends January 31st. So it's by no means a permanent position, but it should be good money, and it will mean more chance of getting a more permanent position later.

:)

PsychicToaster

Writing Ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Website
www.psychictoaster.com
Congratulations on the job! :) Even temporary work is something right now.

I accidentally went full time yesterday. I was meeting with the LGBTQ coordinator for my school, and it was my first time out in public under my new name and fully presenting. There was nothing that really made me nervous or uncomfortable. It's not like anyone looked at me like some kind of alien or anything. Everyone who had occasion to use pronouns over the course of the day even got my gender right. So, marking it in the win column there.

So how did this accidentally become full time? Well, I had always planned on September 1st as being the day. It was the day before my birthday and I wanted to reach that critical one year mark before my 30th birthday. But once I got home something just clicked and I said, "I'm done with that life."

From now on, I'm Autumn. Always and everywhere. By the end of October it'll be legal, too.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Autumn is such a beautiful name!

Also, congrats on going that extra mile. I'm so not there yet, but with the money starting to come in and my prospects looking better by the month, who knows how small a time it'll be before I'm ready to start transitioning?

But yeah - Autumn is a kick-arse name. It even sounds artistic (can't explain it). Like, I can imagine you with a paint brush in your hand talking about your latest painting. :D Possibly wearing a beret. ;):tongue

Not sure if you like to draw/paint, but it works just as well for an author. :)

Since your location is Cthulhu et al, I'm not sure where you're from. So I just thought I'd add this: Autumn is what we in Australia call what Americans call Fall. So I totally think you should dye your hair a brown/copper red colour.

(Hmm. I'm sounding pushy. Didn't mean to - just happy for you, mildly delirious from the flu (with extra special bonus toothache) and really diggin' the name.)

/ramble

Mara

Clever User Title
Registered
Reaction score
*hugs Autumn* That's an awesome name, and congrats on going full-time! :D

*hugs Cate and gives her some chicken noodle soup* Get well soon, and I hope the job goes well.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. :)

I'm not normally a fan of soup, but chicken noodle sounds good right now. *digs in*

I think when my health returns, and maybe after I've received my first paycheck from the new job, I'll take my family out for dinner and pay for it myself. I can't count how many times other people in the family have paid for dinner... Usually it's nanna or grandad (same source of money either way), occasionally mum, and sometimes sis. It'll be good to be able to just drop $100+ on the counter and say, "Yeah, I've got this one."

Someone else can buy the drinks. ;) I bought the drinks last time (after I got the temporary job in mum's office).

PsychicToaster

Writing Ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Website
www.psychictoaster.com
Thank you! :)

And yes, we call it autumn here too. :) I've just always loved the name so it made it onto the short list.

Strictly speaking, I'm not "ready" for full time, I'm just doing it. I'm emotionally ready, but not physically or sartorially. My face still gets me clocked 90% of the time, and I have one and a half working outfits, so next week I will need to do some power shopping to be ready for school.

I've been gearing up for this moment because of the start of semester in a couple weeks (I keep thinking it's next week but it's not) and finally I had had enough. :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
What type of school is it? High School or College/University?

If it's High School, you're a much braver woman than I! Teenagers can be viciously narrow-minded sometimes.

If it's college/Uni, then hopefully you won't get much in the way of negativity. Down here, it seems Uni is where all the QUILTBAG people come out, because they feel safe, like they're among mature adults. Plus there are support structures available. Not sure if it's the same where you are.

I know I came out to a few people when I was in Uni the first time. It was a very comfortable place, to be honest.

:)

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on the job! :) Even temporary work is something right now.

I accidentally went full time yesterday. I was meeting with the LGBTQ coordinator for my school, and it was my first time out in public under my new name and fully presenting. There was nothing that really made me nervous or uncomfortable. It's not like anyone looked at me like some kind of alien or anything. Everyone who had occasion to use pronouns over the course of the day even got my gender right. So, marking it in the win column there.

So how did this accidentally become full time? Well, I had always planned on September 1st as being the day. It was the day before my birthday and I wanted to reach that critical one year mark before my 30th birthday. But once I got home something just clicked and I said, "I'm done with that life."

From now on, I'm Autumn. Always and everywhere. By the end of October it'll be legal, too.

Sounds awesome! :) Congrats!

Since your location is Cthulhu et al, I'm not sure where you're from. So I just thought I'd add this: Autumn is what we in Australia call what Americans call Fall. So I totally think you should dye your hair a brown/copper red colour.

We call it both Autumn and Fall in the US.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, okay. It's hard to keep up with all the little differences between types of English used in different countries.

I knew that Fall meant Autumn, and that Fall was used in America. And I knew that Australians never call it Fall. So I assumed Americans never called it Autumn.

Interesting. :)

(Still diggin' that name.)

Becca_H

Where am I again?
Registered
Reaction score
College. God, I wish I had done this in HS. Hell, I wish I had done it the first time through undergrad! Sadly, I'm doing this at 28, not 18. But better than never, right?

Completely. 28's not that old. We all wish we did it sooner, even the child transitioners like me. It's hard not to be jealous of the kids who did it at 11, or 8, or 5, or 3.

I tell you what though: doing it at school is hard. I only survived because I played a hell of a game (and had a lucky break with the kids in my year). I had a lot of tough guy, alpha male 'friends' who made me look 'protected' in exchange for basically being their pet. Also helped the head popular girl liked me. All that plus the dating/loss of friends/gaining new friends/being ripped on for not being a 'real girl'.

So yeah, I wouldn't recommend it. As tempting as the idea sounds.

And all the people who say university's easy - my God, no way. Not for me. The kids were fine. The kids didn't care. The lecturers cared. I had so much transphobia and bullying from the staff aimed at me it was unreal. I encountered two members of staff who were nice to me. That was it. And these people had Doctorates!

Urgh. *Pushes button to forcibly disable rant mode*

Okay, calm now. Congratulations, Autumn :) Well done for taking the plunge and going full-time. There's never a right time, considering it's like, one of the scariest things you can ever do with your life. I remember my parents and I set a date, too. Something like October 4th. Think we stuck to it, and it helped the nerves. Although people called me Becca well before then so it wasn't that absolute in the end.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Autumn, 28 is only 1 year older than me. So unless I win the lottery or something, you'll have transitioned at an earlier age than me.

And high five for the mature chicks getting further education! Woo! :D

Becca, I'm really sorry the lecturers were such jerks to you. I'd expect more from them. *hugs*

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Nah, I don't count myself as transitioning because I'm not taking estrogen yet, and have no money for the operation.

Nobody I currently know in real life knows I'm trans either. I'm still very much in the closet.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and what I meant was I'm 27 and you're 28. So you're a year ahead, but you've just gone full time woman, and I can't foresee that happening for me until I've got a bunch of money saved up, and am at least renting my own place instead of living with mum (who might flip out when I come out). So probably 29 at the earliest.

If I can manage it, I'd love to have the operation on my 30th birthday... But that's a distant dream.

Becca_H

Where am I again?
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and what I meant was I'm 27 and you're 28. So you're a year ahead, but you've just gone full time woman, and I can't foresee that happening for me until I've got a bunch of money saved up, and am at least renting my own place instead of living with mum (who might flip out when I come out). So probably 29 at the earliest.

If I can manage it, I'd love to have the operation on my 30th birthday... But that's a distant dream.

I thought Australia had social healthcare? Does it not cover gender identity disorder?