The "T" Party.

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
Kim if you tell me what you want the links to say, and give me permission, I'll fix them for you.

Thanks! If the first link could say Ex This and the second Alternative Conception, that would be great!

Gale had it all written out for me, with spaces so I could see it, but every time I try to do it with no spaces I must be missing something haha. I bet I could look it up somewhere, too.

Last edited:

Kim Fierce

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
There are advantages to it. Only a very, very lucky few look passable straight after transition. Most of us had/have the awful purgatory moment where it's obvious we're trans, or sometimes worse than that. And there are horror stories of transwomen going through immigration control and the officers pull them because they "look like a man but dress like a woman and this is a woman's document so this is probably a false passport." Generally very distressing and embarrassing. An 'X' solves that, at least right at the beginning.QUOTE]

I'd been wondering what thoughts would be like on this. My first thought was that a trans person wouldn't want to be an "X", but whichever gender they prefer, M or F. Either that, or no gender distinction at all. But if this will help trans people from being harassed then good going!

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Ta!

While I would imagine that many transgender people would prefer to put the F or M choice that reflects who they identify as, I can see that having people put an X serves as a useful notification to the security-mad airport people and may prevent people who are pre-op transgender or intersex from being targeted for invasive pat-downs.

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
I think people should be able to put the gender they identify as (though yeah, there are some practical concerns to that, sometimes). One thing I really like about the "X" option, though, is that it could be really good for those of us who identity as something other than male or female. I can't be honest when there are only two gender options listed, and I wish this became a widespread option, while also allowing binary-identified trans people to put male or female.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Had my first day of a new job today.

So that's Step One complete in my diabolical "Plan to get a proper job, save up for my own place, and then save up for SRS ASAP" plan.

:D

It was less than $100 that I earned today, but at this point in the plan, what I really need is to make a good impression so that I can get more permanent (and more hours) work.

Just thought I'd share. I'm no longer stagnating! I'm on my way! Woohoo!

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

So that's Step One complete in my diabolical "Plan to get a proper job, save up for my own place, and then save up for SRS ASAP" plan.

It was less than $100 that I earned today, but at this point in the plan, what I really need is to make a good impression so that I can get more permanent (and more hours) work.

That's great news, my friend! :)

Becca_H

Where am I again?
Registered
Reaction score

Congratulations :)

And the UK has just started a consultation on 'X' passports, too. We don't like to be beaten by the Australians, you see.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. :)

It's not the most stimulating job, but it's a start.

I assume that if I managed to work my way up this company's ranks I'd wind up doing more than just working the register. :tongue

My favourite thing about retail is the variety, and so far I haven't had that. It's only been 2 days, but I've been told that, at least up until Christmas, all I'll be doing is register duties. Of course, there's more than just scanning items and taking money - there's also keeping things stocked near the register, and doing some other small tasks when there's nobody flashing cash in my face. Granted, I haven't been taught how to do that yet...

But like I said - it's only been 2 days.

The staff are heaps friendly, which is a big plus.

*keeps on keeping on*

(Thanks for the support everyone. :))

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
So I had another dream where I was female.

This time I was getting intimate with the lesbian who I was totally in love with once upon a time, who didn't think of me as a sexual person. It was so validating!

It didn't go any further than a couple of kisses and some general touching, but it felt sooooo damn good.

So I woke up this morning in quite a good mood. :)

Kim Fierce

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
I have had dreams of being male . . . :-O

But I am totally female. And lesbian. And right now very confused. I have the awesomeness of having two other lesbians around my age on my shift and another who comes in the shift after. We have all gone to a gay bar together, along with my wife (and brought a couple of straight friends!) and it's really cool. My problem is, other people at work seem to think that I am different from the others. The main reason: I have long hair and they have short. I dress in men's clothes, but also some women's but mostly that is just jeans because I'm too short for men's pants and too round now post-pregnancy for boy's! (I don't wear any of the revealing low cut feminine shirts, prefer T-shirts and etc.)

When I first came out at 18 I ended up chopping all my hair off and everyone thought I was butch then. Now I have long hair and don't "look" gay to everyone anymore, (unless I have a day where I really go all out with eccentric clothing . . .which I do like to do.) So why do other people think it's ok to talk shit about gay people or bi people or someone they think looks more butch than others, and the message seems to be "you're not like those other gay people"? Yes I am! I guess I feel like, just my stupid hair somehow makes me look more "normal" seeming to others, and if that's all it is, and if they really need to know that I am just like others that get teased, maybe I should just shave it all off! I should stop caring about what other people think, but I'm tired of hearing people say things around me that I know they don't say around the others.

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
My advice would be to not change yourself based on what other people say/think.

But it's entirely up to you. If you want to seem more "lesbian" than you currently do, do whatever you think is necessary. But the opinions of others aren't as important as your own opinion.

At least, that's what I tell myself.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I've never been in here before, but I agree with Cliff. FWIW.

I don't see how short or long hair, or looks in general can be used to decide if someone is gay or not. Being gay doesn't automatically lump you and everyone else that is gay into one person. We are all our own person. With our own looks and thoughts. It would be like saying all heterosexual women have long hair.

I say be who you are and forget what anyone else says. As Cliff said, your opinion is the only one that really matters.

Becca_H

Where am I again?
Registered
Reaction score
Society tries its hardest to define "gay" and "straight" with physical characteristics. It's just how society works.

Hair length has no correlation whatsoever to sexuality. I've seen girls with very short hair and general "lesbian looks." They're straight.

If you want long hair, have long hair. It doesn't define your sexuality and you shouldn't allow people to think it does. People like to think they can make judgments and decisions about others. It's only instinctive.

Kim Fierce

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
I'm not sure what it is that made me so confused about this, just that I've heard several people make negative remarks around me lately and I don't know why. Then they look at me and basically say "Oh, I didn't mean to offend you, I wasn't talking about you, just about all these other people and you aren't like them." But I AM!

But, I think I'm going to go with my original haircut plan, taking it to shoulder-length, and dying it reddish brown!

Last edited:

Blaze

Registered
Reaction score
Hi umm there. I am suffering from confusion and not 100% sure if i fit in this group or not. All I know is I am a girl who is in love with things for blokes like cars and football. I LOVE cars. I hope maybe there is way to understand myself and perhaps someone on here could help me understand.

Last edited:

Kim Fierce

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
Hi, I'm pretty sure you will be welcomed here no matter what! I wouldn't say liking things guys like is necessarily indicative of anything, but if you feel like you want to hang out here and ask questions go right ahead!

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi umm there. I am suffering from confusion and not 100% sure if i fit in this group or not. All I know is I am a girl who is in love with things for blokes like cars and football. I LOVE cars. I hope maybe there is way to understand myself and perhaps someone on here could help me understand.

How about just be yourself, search your feelings deeply, don't worry about other's opinions and go from there? And we'll be here to talk to whenever you need.

Welcome.

Becca_H

Where am I again?
Registered
Reaction score
How about just be yourself, search your feelings deeply, don't worry about other's opinions and go from there? And we'll be here to talk to whenever you need.

Welcome.

This.

And my advice is: don't try to label yourself. People try too hard to label themselves and it can be damaging. You are you. Labels are optional, if they describe exactly how you feel. They often don't.