The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Palari Publishing LLP

Been a long time... OneTeam OneDream's Avatar

Palari Publishing LLP

On that same note, does anyone know anything about Palari books?

All I know is what I saw on the site.

www.palaribooks.com

Again, it is a publisher that publishes regional (and some) national titles, and specifically is looking for Virginia. (Which is where my story takes place)

Has anyone had any dealings with them?

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Nope, but their books are pricey and order-only at Borders (even in Virginia). I'd pass, FWIW.

ETA: Point of comparison -- the Camino book I checked (Blood and Honor) is also order-only, yet is listed at $18 for 360 pages (6 x 9) while a Palari book is listing at $20 for 115 pages (6 x 9).
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 08-12-2005 at 12:27 AM.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Quote Originally Posted by CaoPaux
    Nope, but their books are pricey and order-only at Borders (even in Virginia). I'd pass, FWIW.

Where did I miss that they were order only? On a couple of their books it listed stores in the area where you could get them.
    Last edited by OneTeam OneDream; 08-12-2005 at 12:19 AM.

I chose six random stores in VA on Borders inventory search. But if other stores have them live and on the shelf, then yahoo!
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Quote Originally Posted by CaoPaux
    I chose six random stores in VA on Borders inventory search. But if other stores have them live and on the shelf, then yahoo!

I'd be more likely to take your point of view rather than opting for a publisher that can get me into 2 bookstores and a Kroger. (Still better than PA though!)

I was just making sure I didn't miss something on their site.

Published steadily until late '14, when it vanished without any mention of closure or acquisition by another company (that I can find, at least).
    ICAO
    ---------