The Tenth Circle

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
Chaos, I saw your name on Publishers Marketplace yesterday? Any news you want to share with the class? ;)

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I haven't made an official announcement yet, because the contracts are still pending, but Pocket is continuing my MetaWars superhero series with two more books. The deal is for digital only, though, so unless Trance/Changeling start selling like gangbusters this summer, that's it for paperback.

But it's work and I'm grateful to have some. And I'm having a blast writing Tempest (book 3) and putting my NYC research trip to good use. :)

erinbee

slanted and enchanted
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinblakemore.com
YEAH!!! Go, Chaos!!! *dances wildly*

Okay, this milestone is really dumb and lame in comparison, but I just hit send on my sample chapter to my new book proposal. Damn, that was hard. And it's done (for now). Go, me.

Also, my blog got hacked and I am too downtrodden and tech-unsavvy to fix it alone. What to do?

erinbee

slanted and enchanted
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinblakemore.com
Awesome, OL.

As for the Web stuff...I fixed it! Myself. Somehow. How totally frustrating (and ill-timed, as usual).

Keep up the good work...

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Sent off my edits today. Nervous, moi?

It is odd working with a different editor - maybe that's why I keep second guessing myself. I knew what the old one liked and didn't like. Now I'm learning that all over again!

*gibbers quietly in corner*

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
OMG! OMG! OMG!

My first panel at Eastercon in two weeks' time is with George ****ing R R Martin!

*flails*

Ooh! I haz a jealous!

I'm moderating a panel (don't know who is on that panel, or the other I'm booked for, yet). Which requires shutting up. May have to take duct tape for mouth :D

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
*jealous* I always wanted to meet him, so I could thank him for the TV show, Beauty & The Beast.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Lily's Learning Experience for this week: Let the intense edit letter sit a full week.

I got the edit letter for book 3 a week ago. I think it hit me WHAM because I didn't have as much confidence in this book as I had in books 1 and 2. By that evening, I was in a major funk, convinced I couldn't write a decent grocery list. It didn't help that I got a... blunt... pass on the YA on sub the same day.

I've been circling the drain for 6 days. Last night I realized it was time to be an adult about it. Just a few minutes ago I reopened the letter... and it's doable.

Of course I wanted my editor to say "Wonderful! Just a few tweaks and we're good to go!" It's going to be a lot of work, but I can do it.

Thus, Lily's Lesson in Authoring for Today: Let it percolate. We're professionals. It gets better.

:)

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Lily, NB once said that you should consider editorial letters as nuclear materials -- handle with extreme care and in small doses. I think that's good advice!

Anne, how cool is that???? Of course we expect a full report!

Anne Lyle

Fantastic historian
Registered
Reaction score
Cambridge, UK. Or 1590s London. Some days it's har
Website
www.annelyle.com
{{{Lily}}} Good luck on sorting out the edits. I'm still awaiting feedback from my editor on book 2 - I didn't get any on the first one, apart from the discussion we had before I submitted the full. This one is much less polished, though, so I'm sure he'll have something to say :eek:

I'm moderating a panel (don't know who is on that panel, or the other I'm booked for, yet). Which requires shutting up. May have to take duct tape for mouth :D

According to the site, you're on "You got your robot elf sex in my SF" and are moderating "The Future of ebooks" :)