The Tenth Circle

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Just popping in here to fret. I don't know how soon some of the early reviews will come in from the ARCs the pub. co. sent out, but I really, really want to know something, anything.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Right there with you, Amarie.

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Reviews...

Amarie, I forget -- what's your pub date?

Tas, you are probably just about there. My pub date is June 1. I think I shared...I can't remember if it was on this thread or just Purgatory...I got my first big review, from L1br@ry J0urn@l, on April 1. I have, er...another big one that should be coming out on...Monday. Both of these are designed for book buyers as much as anything, which is why they come out a little early.

But I think most reviews are going to hit closer than the actual pub date, right?

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea when is normal for reviews to come out. I figure I'll just live in a constant state of panic/dread between now and July 6th. That way I'm prepared.

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Heh, yeah, it's that whole, "Oh. ARC = reviews" thing that hits you at some point.

That an "Oh. ARC = Sales, or lack thereof." Another good one.

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Reviews...

Amarie, I forget -- what's your pub date?

Tas, you are probably just about there. My pub date is June 1. I think I shared...I can't remember if it was on this thread or just Purgatory...I got my first big review, from L1br@ry J0urn@l, on April 1. I have, er...another big one that should be coming out on...Monday. Both of these are designed for book buyers as much as anything, which is why they come out a little early.

But I think most reviews are going to hit closer than the actual pub date, right?

Mine is September 1st. I just got a feeling that they sent some of the ARCs out to certain people to get an overall feeling of how it would be received. I overthink things, because I've now heard of two different writers who had to do revisions after the ARCs were printed because of comments. I think that would do me in.

Kelle

Registered
Reaction score
How does everybody balance their home life and writing life? My "honey do" list is getting pretty long. : )

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all!

I made my April 15 deadline to my editor! She says she'll get back to me in around a month. I made sure to ask when her target date was so that I wouldn't be obsessively checking my email when I go on vacation next week. Since I'll be out for three weeks, her timing couldn't be more perfect! The deadline for the final draft is in July so I should have enough time. (I hope!)

Good luck to everyone waiting for their reviews to come in! :)

Kelle - Balance? What's that?:D

Kelle

Registered
Reaction score
Happy Camper--deadline met...yay! Doesn't it feel great?

Kelle

Registered
Reaction score
You'll be thinking about the next one instead!

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
How does everybody balance their home life and writing life? My "honey do" list is getting pretty long. : )

Hi Kelle! Balance doesn't happen too much. Right now I'm trying to get a good, almost polished manuscript done before the third week in May when school is out, so other things are slipping.

Kelle

Registered
Reaction score
Really--no balance? Anybody out there balanced?

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I have no idea when is normal for reviews to come out. I figure I'll just live in a constant state of panic/dread between now and July 6th. That way I'm prepared.

They could come anytime. My first review was posted online in late August, I think, and my book didn't even debut until November. Most of them, though, started going up late September/October.

Good luck!

RhiannonFrater

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rhiannonfrater.blogspot.com

My husband helps a lot, but I never feel I'm on top of things. I struggle for balance, but something always gives way. For awhile it was my social life, then it was my health, then it was my sleep...etc...etc...

Ah...the writer's life...

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
As for balance... I have the most wonderful family in the world. I try very hard to keep my writing to weekdays, just like a real job, and the weekends are for my kiddo and my hubby. But when I do need to write on a weekend, my kiddo is awesome about understanding that Mommy needs to work for a few hours. And if I'm totally wiped out by the end of a work day between writing and the Real Job(tm), hubby doesn't care if we order pizza instead.

I got lucky.

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
OtherLisa, just saw your starred PW review!!! Congrats!!