The Tenth Circle

Kelle

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! Love that happy face guy. I've got to learn how to do that.

I've been lurking around for a while now. I feel like I know all you guys. : )

Kelle

Registered
Reaction score
Alanna--thanks.

I just finished my copyedits. Whew!

I learned a lot about it from all of you. So, I was a little bit prepared. Thank goodness.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net

I haz conquered revisions! And they are duly winging their way to The Editor.

This is a large load off my mind. I want to be Ms. Prompt, but these things take thought. 5 days from her email to my return email. Hopefully she'll approve and my reward will be... to get handed to the copyeditor on a plate.

Eep. :)

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score

I haz conquered revisions! And they are duly winging their way to The Editor.

This is a large load off my mind. I want to be Ms. Prompt, but these things take thought. 5 days from her email to my return email. Hopefully she'll approve and my reward will be... to get handed to the copyeditor on a plate.

Eep. :)
:hooray:Nice!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
One major round (cut 9750 words, and had to add a bit/make sure the rest of the book dovetailed with what I'd cut). Then wrote 2 alt endings. Then one minor tweak round, then this last very minor tweak round. The last 2 weren't book-wide, just spot-things.

And b/c I'm a copyeditor, I am reinforcing the rhino hide for when my assigned copyeditor gets ahold of me. :e2drunk:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Development:

*gulp*

The Editor liked my edits and said if I was okay with FoH as it stands, she'd send it to production. As in, no more changes unless they're factually incorrect or I gave someone blue eyes in chapter 2 and green in chapter 12.

So I, um, said to go for it.

:scared:

*gulp*

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Pub date is Feb 2011. Don't have a specific day in Feb. yet.

Okay, gang, I have a totally selfish request: The Agent has emailed JE to ask if she'll blurb me. (She of the series with the numbers.) Sweet cartwheeling Jesus. Could you send writer-goodwill-vibes that she'll want to do a good deed for an utterly unknown noob?

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Wow Lil! Yeah, vibes! All over! (wait, that sounded dirty...)

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
HC, don't be jealous. This round was much, much less complex than yours.

That's because you wrote an AWESOME book that didn't need as much work!:)

Development:

*gulp*

The Editor liked my edits and said if I was okay with FoH as it stands, she'd send it to production. As in, no more changes unless they're factually incorrect or I gave someone blue eyes in chapter 2 and green in chapter 12.

So I, um, said to go for it.

*gulp*

Wooooooohoooooo!!!!! So excited for you!!!!

Pub date is Feb 2011. Don't have a specific day in Feb. yet.

Okay, gang, I have a totally selfish request: The Agent has emailed JE to ask if she'll blurb me. (She of the series with the numbers.) Sweet cartwheeling Jesus. Could you send writer-goodwill-vibes that she'll want to do a good deed for an utterly unknown noob?

2 truckloads on the way!!!!

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Well done, Circle X. Did someone say espresso? :D

I've got Tuesdays open for querying, networking and generally beating the dead horse of trying to get someone to read and buy my script. Work has been slow and management is OK with me adjusting my schedule to devote time to this. I can't quit right now, but the escape tunnel is getting longer...

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
I just made myself a lovely cuppa! I had this Braun grinder that is, I swear...over 25 years old. I mean, it still works. But it started making these sparks out of the base? So I thought, huh. Got this cool Cuisinart burr grinder for a good price -- I've always heard burr is better, and you really can taste the difference.

Next to go was the 25 year old plastic Melita thingie that holds the filters -- partially melted and well, just kinda...yucky. I got one of those Chemex things that looks like a cross between a science lab beaker and an art piece (it's the kind with the wooden collar/bead with the leather thong). Boy, this system makes great coffee!