Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Eep, this is really happening. MI had the launch meeting for my book today.

I'm keeping my title! And they're working on cover art and contacting possible blurbers.

:eek:

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Yay LILY!

I know that numb feeling. That's mostly how I've reacted to the process, interspersed with bouts of panic and mortification. But getting my cover was a total highlight, as were the blurbs. Not the anticipation of the blurbs (cue "mortification") but the blurbs that came in. I'm finally feeling the acceptance/happy part, but boy it's taken me a while to get here. I think I'm like Sally Fields ("You like me! You really like me!").

Can't wait to see what sort of cover they come up with for you! You know I'm a mystery nut, right?

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
And that's just it, too. Even when positive reality sets in, we deny it since we're so used to lows and rejection. It's gonna take a whole case of Bandaids for me to erase the hurt after these past five years. Then when the big moment comes, I'm not sure I'll believe it. Either that, or I'll meet it with suspicion, or a "meh" attitude.

Tri

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
I keep telling my hubby "I was not prepared to succeed!"

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Heh, my reaction to getting The Call was, "Oh. Wow. Cool. Thanks. Um."

Lily, I'd hug you back but I think that requires an advanced option, so you'll just have to imagine it!

erinbee

slanted and enchanted
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinblakemore.com
Welcome, Tracy, and congratulations, Lily! IT'S HAPPENING!

Just got up the gumption to turn to my page proofs and let me tell you...making a photocopy of the copyedits I corrected before sending back to the publisher was the best thing I ever did. I have already spotted several inconsistencies and (hopefully) made short work of them...now I can only pray that the production editor sees and makes every change. :)

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
Busy day for my real and virtual inbox! Got my final contract and my welcome gift from my publisher! AWESOME books. Seeing all the "NYT bestseller" marks on their covers made feel faint. Seriously insecure now!

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
I predict big things for your book, HC. I believe I said that to you already, but just to make sure, I'm saying it for the public record, so I can go, "I told you so!" when I turn out to be right!

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Sent our more queries here on my short story. Editing my novella and working fast to finish my novel :) Congrats to all those here that have made it and to the rest like me who have yet too, keep on trudging :)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Yay, HC for cool swag! You'll be in that pile with one of those nifty stickers soon!

Got the first draft of the Book 2 synopsis written out longhand. Hopefully it'll be lovely and tight and make perfect sense when I key it in and send it to The Agent. Then I have to do the minor edits The Editor wants on Book 1. And write a post for the MI communal blog.

*slugs more coffee*