The Tenth Circle

Fuchsia Groan

Becoming a laptop-human hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
I can't bring myself to blog either. I'm happy to blab on about books, TV, or movies, but I already have an outlet for that: my day job. I write a movie review every single week, and intermittent book reviews, and I should really write more on the paper's official blog than I do.

So I am all opinion-ed out, basically. I feel like the internets have heard enough of my blabbing. :) The only place I post regularly is Instagram, because pretty pictures are a nice change from all the words, words, words.

I just saw the cover proof for a foreign edition of my book. SO COOL! Now back to revisions on Book 2.

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talonwraith.wordpress.com
*kicks tumbleweed*

Anyone here?

*goes back to waiting for his line edits to come in from the publisher*

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Always here! Also waiting. :) That's great that you're on line edits already, Pete! What's the pub date?

October 2018. I've got a deadline of March 1st 2018 for book 2 and I've already finished the first draft, so safe to say we're cooking at the moment. We only had a two book deal but my agent is hoping she can sell book 3 before 1 comes out, and maybe they'll bring all three books out in relatively short order rather than waiting a year between each one.

Fuchsia Groan

Becoming a laptop-human hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
October 2018. I've got a deadline of March 1st 2018 for book 2 and I've already finished the first draft, so safe to say we're cooking at the moment. We only had a two book deal but my agent is hoping she can sell book 3 before 1 comes out, and maybe they'll bring all three books out in relatively short order rather than waiting a year between each one.

Awesome! So you're planning a three-book series, or potentially longer? I only write standalones (so far), which means less deadline pressure, but every new book has to be pitched separately.

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
This one should be a trilogy, hopefully (assuming Ace/ROC buy book three!) - I've had to end book 2 so it still works even if they don't want the third, but that would be a shame.

My other series (the one in my sig) is open-ended and ongoing so long as Angry Robot want to keep buying them :)

pinkbowvintage

♔
Registered
Reaction score
I'm here! Waiting patiently for my edit letter (gulp), but had an amazing discussion with my publisher recently and we talked cover ideas. This business is so crazy hurry up and wait, isn't it?