The Tenth Circle

holy heidi

full of beans
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome :) And yes, Queryshark! What a resource. I was terrified to post but so glad I found the space.

Edits were actually fun for me. I used to write musical theatre and so I come from a really collaborative background, so having someone ask me questions about the work was familiar and comforting after the long, lonely dark of writing a novel. (I'm being dramatic. I actually had badgered my husband for all my solutions during the pre-editor phase. I just can't leave collaboration alone.) You expect your edit letter back in the new year? That is thrilling! Have you met with your editor yet or will this be your first exposure to them?

And Calla I just realized it is T minus 3 weeks til the world as the reading public knows* it ends. Congrats! :)

*aka the world without your book in it.

Fuchsia Groan

Becoming a laptop-human hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, Lily, that's exciting! Congrats on getting the next one done, too.

You expect your edit letter back in the new year? That is thrilling! Have you met with your editor yet or will this be your first exposure to them?

I may never meet my editor, since I live in Podunksville, New England, but I did speak with her on the phone back in July, and she was super-nice. I already know what she wants in broad strokes, and there's one significant change that both inspires and daunts me. I've been brainstorming ways to do it; hopefully she has a few ideas, too.

I collaborate in my job, but I'm used to being the editor and helping writers shape their stories. So this should be interesting. :) I've already gotten a taste, since my agent really likes to have editorial input. And that went well; I liked her suggestions.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Fuchsia, are you going to Bouchercon in 2015?

I have set up two launches--one where I live and one in my old hometown. The cool extra thing that will happen is the owner of ChikiBird Designs (on Etsy) is making me my very own fascinator for the launch! I don't know what it will look like. I gave her colors and suggestions and she's working her magic. I am ridiculously excited about this. It will be like an extra Christmas when it arrives. :hooray:

holy heidi

full of beans
Registered
Reaction score
Fuchsia, are you going to Bouchercon in 2015?

I have set up two launches--one where I live and one in my old hometown. The cool extra thing that will happen is the owner of ChikiBird Designs (on Etsy) is making me my very own fascinator for the launch! I don't know what it will look like. I gave her colors and suggestions and she's working her magic. I am ridiculously excited about this. It will be like an extra Christmas when it arrives. :hooray:

Will we get to see a picture? I'm excited for you!

Fuchsia Groan

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, I wanna see the fascinator!

Is Bouchercon just for mystery? I've only just started thinking about conventions, because I never go anywhere. I should at least hit a couple YA ones...

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
GF, I love your cover! It's manga-esque, and I'm a manga fiend.

The Hat arrived!! :banana: :partyguy:
hatcropped_zpsd73ee0da.jpg

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone: sorry I've been off this thread for so long. Lots of changes going on: I'll be glad to see the back end of 2014. She was a real bitch: demanding, temperamental, and unreliable. Here's to a more amiable life guest next year.

But I wanted to drop by and say HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! Speznas all round! (I'm buying!)

Fuchsia Groan

Registered
Reaction score
Yay, thanks for the spezna, Peggy! Nice to see you again; here's to a mellower 2015. *clinks glass*

And happy new year or almost-new year, everybody!!! :partyguy:

Last edited:

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Calla, I'd say you have the right hat to bring in the New Year! Good luck with the launch!

Girl Friday

Word Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Peggy, nice to see you back! And happy new year everyone, may your 2015 be MAGNIFICENT!