The Tenth Circle

MadDabbler

Clearly confused and adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.denisetompkins.net
Thank you for the congrats. I'm still waiting on responses, though I understand this is quite normal -- waiting. (heh) I've been here enough that I've memorized the wild pattern in this waiting room's wallpaper. I'll keep you posted. And good luck to everyone else with new projects and submissions and such!

Girl Friday

Word Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
So, um, *knocks gingerly* I think I get to hang out here now :e2drunk:

My MG fantasy will be out from one of the Big 5 in 2015. And then a sequel. Which I probably ought to get down to writing soon...

I'm really into unknown territory (for me) now. *scared face* Luckily I have met my editor, and she's really lovely. Let's hope her notes are too...

Last edited:

Girl Friday

Word Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Lily :) (Um, unless that bouncy smily was about something else, in which case, spill!)

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, um, *knocks gingerly* I think I get to hang out here now :e2drunk:

My MG fantasy will be out from one of the Big 5 in 2015. And then a sequel. Which I probably ought to get down to writing soon...

I'm really into unknown territory (for me) now. *scared face* Luckily I have met my editor, and she's really lovely. Let's hope her notes are too...

YAAAY! I remember your post on your agency's thread. What great news!!

Today marks the first week since my agent put my book on sub. I have already gained 5 lbs from all the stress-eating. How the heck do you guys keep from going insane!!

Girl Friday

Word Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Oh good, just checking :D

Hi Putputt and thank you! And the answer for me was, uh, I didn't really. Keep from going insane, that is. But I did find the insanity calmed down to manageable proportions after two or three weeks on sub. Those first two or three weeks, though, all bets were off :e2drunk: Btw I just found you on Twitter, LOVE the sound of 'fat teenage assassin'!

Girl Friday

Word Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Hope everyone had a fab Christmas/holidays. Here's to an amazing 2014 for us all! :D

Girl Friday

Word Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
ALL THE CONGRATS, Lily!! So happy to hear that. Speznas for all!

Things really seem to be jumping after the holidays. I've had one person I know get an offer, another is going to meet a publisher next week and that'll hopefully turn into an offer, and a third friend who has a one-book deal was just told the publisher might be interested in a sequel too. Clearly pubs are raring to go in the new year!

As for me, am still waiting on contracts and ed notes and stuff, but that's *nothing* like the pain of submission or querying waiting so am just happily working away on my sequel. How amazing to be Zen about publishing for a change, I hardly know what to do with myself :)

Last edited: