Reaction score
Bleh, Chaos, that sucks.

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
Negotiating? Pff. At this point, I'm hoping they even make an offer before summer.

Phooey on the economy. :e2fight:

Hrm...*is thinking we need to launch a major online word-of-mouth blitz for Kelly's books so they can't help but offer her another contract!* I've bought my two already but we can definitely spread the luv!!!

ETA:

Also, um, hi! I just discovered this thread. Oops!

Last edited:

erinbee

slanted and enchanted
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinblakemore.com
Thanks, y'all re the audiobook. I don't know who will read it yet, but will naturally update you as soon as I do.

Chaos...that's such a bummer. You must be on the borderline between devastated and pissed. I'm crossing my fingers for an amenable outcome.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Hrm...*is thinking we need to launch a major online word-of-mouth blitz for Kelly's books so they can't help but offer her another contract!* I've bought my two already but we can definitely spread the luv!!!

ETA:

Also, um, hi! I just discovered this thread. Oops!

:evil and welcome to the thread!

Had another exchange with the Agent and am feeling a bit better. Plus I sugared my brain with a new ebook from one of my favorite authors, so win!

Tomorrow I begin Operation: Positive Thinking!

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Well done, minions of Circle X. I've got the absinthe ready :eek:
Had a nice chat with an agent the other day, my first phone pitch ever. It's a little daunting to hear about the market and how little I know about it, but I feel like I've clarified in my mind how to effectively communicate how good my script is, and I'm now hungry to start the sales machine up again. As our talk winded down I felt my face and realized I was sweating like I do at the gym. Man, screw cardio - just phone pitch more!

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
TY guys. Last time I pitched in person was the Screenwriters' Expo in November '08...I'm just a little out of practice. I did get some replies from eMail and mailed queries, but no one will shoot you if you follow up a month later. ;)

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Got one rejection slip in my email last night for my short story recently subbed out. "Too many stories of this nature flooding the genre," was their reason. :(

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
:evil and welcome to the thread!

Had another exchange with the Agent and am feeling a bit better. Plus I sugared my brain with a new ebook from one of my favorite authors, so win!

Tomorrow I begin Operation: Positive Thinking!

What e reader do you use?

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
My laptop. :D

I was hoping to get a Nook with my next contract.... *waiting*

I just got a new laptop (my very first bought just for me not a hand-me-down laptop) with my D&A check. Bought an iPhone with the first check. Most of the rest has gone toward bills and stuff, but you HAVE to buy at LEAST one splurge item with these checks! Course, all my splurges tend to be related to publishing and thus write-offs as well, which doesn't hurt at all!

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody have bookmarks yet? I'm just starting to figure out what and how many of these I want. I know authors pass them out all over, and I'm not sure it's much use, but I guess I'll get some anyway. Anybody have any thoughts?

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
My laptop. :D

I was hoping to get a Nook with my next contract.... *waiting*

I've been considering a Sony e reader.

Good news. Noble Romance is considering my short. :)

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody have bookmarks yet? I'm just starting to figure out what and how many of these I want. I know authors pass them out all over, and I'm not sure it's much use, but I guess I'll get some anyway. Anybody have any thoughts?

I bought 1000 rack cards (which are kind of the size of a paperback cover but about 3 inches taller) and 1000 bookmarks. I bought so many because the more you buy, the cheaper it is (I think it ended up costing me about $250).

Everyone LOVES the rack cards because they are big and splashy, but I find that I use the bookmarks almost 4 times as often as I do the rack cards. For one, they don't mail worth a damn -- I have to buy special envelopes. For two, they are bigger and bulkier feeling, so I tend to only include one with a mailer when I include multiple bookmarks (one for you AND your friends!). And bookmarks are terribly easy to whip out when you need a business card - just give a bookmark instead.

Next time I order, I'll probably do something like 300 rack cards and 2000 bookmarks. Oh, and don't put "Coming soon" or "Coming in December" on your cards or anything like that, because you will have plenty of leftovers even after release date, and you feel a bit chumpy sending out a bookmark that says "Coming in December!" if it's April of the next year. :)

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
I've been considering a Sony e reader.

Good news. Noble Romance is considering my short. :)

I have a Sony. It's all right, but I mostly use it to upload manuscripts/beta reads. Would rather have a nook or a Kindle (that's blasphemous of me, isn't it?).

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
Irysangel, thanks, I have debating readers for several months. Then the damn ipad comes out. I was leaning towards Sony. But I heard Kindles can't do pdf (all) other files. I really need to check up on this.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Irys? Out of curiosity, who do you order your bookmarks from?