Best Countries to Live In

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are 195 countries in the world. Today, anyway. (Name them all here! http://www.sporcle.com/games/world.php )

I made it to 139. There were a few I should have known but forgot in the rush, some whose names I had no idea how to spell, some minor and obscure countries I had totally forgotten about, and some random Caribbean and Pacific island nations.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I got 91. Missed several I shouldn't have, and didn't realize that Ireland was actually a country.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
39. Those were just the ones who have been in wars in my lifetime.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
I can get all 195 now, but not at the same time. :) Even all the fiddly wee Caribbean ones. For some unknown reason, I always seem to forget Switzerland, Belgium and the Netherlands. It's just as well I don't share a continent with them or it'd be really embarrassing. ;)

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
My WIP "As if" is in geordie-land, which is a big risk since I've never been there like. But it's the only other dialect i could pull off. Wouldn't be able to handle scouse or yorkshire, and the wip needs to happen in a small town far away from London or it won't work. :)

I'd say Geordie is much harder to pull off than a generic Northern accent would be. Geordie has some unusual constructions that are easy to mangle.

(It's also beautiful, though I guess that's beside the point)

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Shucks, only 111.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I stopped counting after the 10 or so that matter this week.