A tree with lights in the snow at night

The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Font style, size, and line spacing.

I am writing a book on youth soccer. I need to decide on type of font, size, etc. I am thinking about Georgia, size 11, with 1.3 line spacing. Any suggestions. It will be printed by POD service, Lightning Source.
    Paul

And now, back to Plodding! Duncan J Macdonald's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pohaver View Post
    I am writing a book on youth soccer. I need to decide on type of font, size, etc. I am thinking about Georgia, size 11, with 1.3 line spacing. Any suggestions. It will be printed by POD service, Lightning Source.
    Georgia is a nice font, but I prefer Times New Roman.

Since you're going the self-publishing route, you are in complete control of the interior layout -- one of the things you need to balance is the readability of a page versus the cost per page for the finished book. Font, kerning, line-spacing, margins, header and footer space, point size, et cetera all have an impact on the final cost to print.

R/
    Hamster #164

What? I have a title? Julie Worth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pohaver View Post
    Just looked at this in Word. I like it.

Why not ask this over in the Self-Publishing forum where others with self-pubishing experience can offer good advice?
    Changing Gears (available now) -- Winning the race doesn’t equal winning at life.

The DragonSpawn Cycle: AutumnQuest | WinterMaejic | SpringFire | SummerDanse available for Kindle

Author website | Author blog