Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Font style, size, and line spacing.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Font style, size, and line spacing.

I am writing a book on youth soccer. I need to decide on type of font, size, etc. I am thinking about Georgia, size 11, with 1.3 line spacing. Any suggestions. It will be printed by POD service, Lightning Source.
    Paul

And now, back to Plotting! Duncan J Macdonald's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pohaver View Post
    I am writing a book on youth soccer. I need to decide on type of font, size, etc. I am thinking about Georgia, size 11, with 1.3 line spacing. Any suggestions. It will be printed by POD service, Lightning Source.
    Georgia is a nice font, but I prefer Times New Roman.

Since you're going the self-publishing route, you are in complete control of the interior layout -- one of the things you need to balance is the readability of a page versus the cost per page for the finished book. Font, kerning, line-spacing, margins, header and footer space, point size, et cetera all have an impact on the final cost to print.

R/
    Hamster #164

What? I have a title? Julie Worth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pohaver View Post
    Just looked at this in Word. I like it.

Why not ask this over in the Self-Publishing forum where others with self-pubishing experience can offer good advice?
    Changing Gears (available now) -- Winning the race doesn’t equal winning at life.

The DragonSpawn Cycle: AutumnQuest | WinterMaejic | SpringFire | SummerDanse available for Kindle

Author website | Author blog