• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Wendy Weil Agency

macandal

Registered
Reaction score
I can't find anything on the Wendy Weil agency. In particular, I'm looking for info on Emily Forland. They don't appear to be listed anywhere. I looked in the Jeff Herman guide and the Writer's Market guides. On the web same story. Can you guys help? Thanks.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Wendy Weil has been an agent for many years, and has sold a lot of books; she has some very successful clients. Emily Forland started as her assistant, and became an agent in 2003.

- Victoria

macandal

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Victoria. Do you know which writers does Emily represent? I Yahooed and Googled her and only came up with one (Jennifer Traig). What other options do I have to research this? Thank you.

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
Thanks! I suspect she doesn't represent my genre, but I went ahead and asked for specifications anyway. I'll post them here if she responds, so that anyone else who's looking will know.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website now provides genre and submission info.

AustinCBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
walkingwiththemailman.com
Question about Wendy Weil Agency

Greetings,

Around mid November of 2007, Emily Forland of the Wendy Weil Agency requested to see my full manuscript. Naturally, I sent it out right away, and now, some four months later, I still haven't heard anything (Well almost nothing). About seven weeks ago, I called the office and got a hold of Emily. She said that she had my manuscript. I was like, "Oh, ok," and I politely and quickly ended the conversation. I tried emailing her more recently, but she didn't respond. Nothing at all.

Should I just assume that it's a no go and move on?

What do you think?

Thanks,
Austin

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Check back with her by e-mail monthly and in the meantime keep sending out the queries.
If it is good enough for one agent to request the full then someone else will too

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings,

Around mid November of 2007, Emily Forland of the Wendy Weil Agency requested to see my full manuscript. Naturally, I sent it out right away, and now, some four months later, I still haven't heard anything (Well almost nothing). About seven weeks ago, I called the office and got a hold of Emily. She said that she had my manuscript. I was like, "Oh, ok," and I politely and quickly ended the conversation. I tried emailing her more recently, but she didn't respond. Nothing at all.

Should I just assume that it's a no go and move on?

What do you think?

Thanks,
Austin

Don't assume either way. They might take six months. But don't stop sending out queries, and don't give anyone an exclusive if you can help it.

BTW, don't call agents about your submission. Most of them hate that.

AustinCBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
walkingwiththemailman.com
Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. And ya, I can understand why agents hate phone calls, but since she didn't return my email, I was afraid something was going wonkers.

Well, time to send out some more queries. Uhg. Everyone has said that it takes patience, patience and more patience, but alas, even Job himself grew weary and grumbled... and got rebuked.

Austin

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
From what I've seen on this board, from agent statistics, and from my own experience, it takes an average of ten fulls to bag an agent. So don't count on any one submission.

Boomergirl

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else deal with this agency? I sent out a query on a Saturday night and by Monday afternoon got a request for a full manuscript (woohoo!). She's already stated that she'll be out of town for 3 weeks, so I'm prepared to wait a bit to hear from her, but has anyone got any experience with response time and/or performance as a signed agent?

Boomergirl

Registered
Reaction score
Emma Patterson, the newest agent at Wendy Weil has sent me an e-mail offering to represent me!

WOOOT!!!

Sorry, just had to let out that little catharsis.

Now I'm scared my mother will actually read this novel :tongue

So, anyway, I was pretty impressed with their turnaround time. I queried them on a Saturday, got a request for a full on a Monday, mailed out full on Tuesday, heard back with "I liked it but would like to discuss with boss" in 2 weeks and got the offer today (approx 1 month from time query was sent out).

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
Way to go boomergirl!

Blueridge

Registered
Reaction score
Fantastic! Congratulations! Have your feet touched the ground yet?

Boomergirl

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, stormie, Mr. Anonymous, JenWriter and Blueridge.

I'm quite excited, although I don't think my feet will leave the ground unless a publisher gives an offer. Still, I'm very, very, very happy and relieved.

billyf027

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Did you email query specifically to Emma Patterson or send it to the agency?

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried them recently? I saw they represent commercial fiction and mentioned mysteries/thrillers, which I usually think of as more genre...and am currently unsure if I should query on my urban fantasy. Anyone with info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried them recently? I saw they represent commercial fiction and mentioned mysteries/thrillers, which I usually think of as more genre...and am currently unsure if I should query on my urban fantasy. Anyone with info would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have an urban fantasy I'd like to query Emma with, but I'm unsure if that's what she's looking for.