Quests and journeys

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
I sent my main character and his two aides on a trip all over the world to search for some items and bring them back to the man who requested them. This is basically the main drive of the whole story, to prove to a "higher being" (a.k.a. the king) that they should be spared. Not too original, but I found it that it really fit inside my story, it provided a motive for them to explore the Medieval world and really bring it to life.

Too much of a knock off?

I'm curious on what other people have done with their main characters regarding their tasks and the journeys they have to do...

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Eddyz - Welcome. A quest is one of the main plot lines available to writers (there really aren't that many basic plot ideas - do a google search for plots fiction and you'll see what I mean). So, I don't think you're running into knock-off danger - unless your story is too much like one that's been done and is still popular. Puma

Sirius

Registered
Reaction score
My heroine's journey is backwards: back to the city she left when she was 15 and the family she was thrust out of. She didn't intend to return, ever, but Fate forces her into it.

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Eddyz - Welcome. A quest is one of the main plot lines available to writers (there really aren't that many basic plot ideas - do a google search for plots fiction and you'll see what I mean). So, I don't think you're running into knock-off danger - unless your story is too much like one that's been done and is still popular. Puma

It's just the main drive for the characters, everything else I'm 90% sure it hasn't been done before, or extensively.

Thanks for the help :)

My heroine's journey is backwards: back to the city she left when she was 15 and the family she was thrust out of. She didn't intend to return, ever, but Fate forces her into it.

Somehow I find the backwards' journeys more intriguing than the ones that "go forwards" but I decided that for mine it works best if everything flows "properly". :)