The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Z. Hall Literary Agency

Z. Hall Literary Agency

Has anyone dealt with Z. Hall? I've found a Publisher's Marketplace entry and she seems to have just recently started up her agency in Kansas City. I haven't found a website other than a twitter and facebook page?
    See ya--
    Daddyo
    Website
    Blog
    RIVER BOTTOM BLUES--now available at the usual suspects and Barking Rain Press
    THE DEVIL'S BLUES--Ditto.
    HOWLING MOUNTAIN BLUES--Ditto too

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Who's going for a beer? waylander's Avatar
    No evidence of previous publishing industry experience either as a trainee/assistant agent or editor. No evidence of sales to advance paying publishers.
    Need I go on?

Yeah, that is my take on the lady. It looks like that she's jumping into the biz without any sort of experience directly related to representing authors. I guess she feels that since she taught a university course on persuasive and rhetorical theory she'd be able to persuade publishers to take on her clients.
    See ya--
    Daddyo
    Website
    Blog
    RIVER BOTTOM BLUES--now available at the usual suspects and Barking Rain Press
    THE DEVIL'S BLUES--Ditto.
    HOWLING MOUNTAIN BLUES--Ditto too

but appreciated anyway... Unimportant's Avatar
    And this agent accepts submissions of short stories and articles....a rather unusual practice.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    PM page is gone and Facebook page hasn't been updated since Dec '09. http://www.facebook.com/zhla1?v=info

ETA: other ventures are/were Fine Point Press and Fine Point Writing, Editing, and Media Services (http://www.finepoint-media.com/).
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 02-17-2017 at 11:08 PM. Reason: updating w/o bumping
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: