SherryTex

Working on 2nd WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Wash DC area, surrounded by overachievers
Website
www.sherryantonettiwrites.blogspot.com
Good news, I'm first this week.

Bad news, no submissions and very little writing. Dry spell and massive amounts of activities like parents, little emergencies at school, the return of school itself and boat loads of homework that have kept my kids up to 10, 11 and 12. We've been back a week and I'm in need of a break.

Blog: Say Cheese!, Reran Disciplining Cupie Doll for Tuesday.
Catholicmom: Cause of All Our Joy.

Worked on letters of inquiry for grants.

In a desert of ideas. Need Oasis.

lostgirl

Always Watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisadovichi.com
In your own room.

Oh, and no dissing Ben Affleck, Nathan Fillion, Billy Zane, Dennis Quaid, Kurt Russell, Wesley Snipes, Dwayne Johnson, Ryan Reynolds, Chris Evans, or Russell Wong around here, either.

And that's just for starters.

Well this little list put a kink in festivities, didn't it? :wag: I could of course start dissing half the boys on this list as I do every time we talk about them *snicker* but the tirade that would ensue might scare the children and probably make Haggis pee on the rug AGAIN!!! So I'll keep my comments to myself. *snickering*

I thought I was going to win the banana -- darn east coast time.. but while I was up at 4ish am to have beaten Wonder Woman I was too busy being miserable with contractions to actually get out of bed. But since I have no choice about my state of "upness" (I love inventing words.. :D ) as 3ft's got to get to school and Hubby needs a ride to work I figure might as well update. :)

This week I:

1.) continued Club 100 -- still don't know what day. I'll look it up soon or start the number over for the easy fix. Really it doesn't matter the day (Although Jeanne's 900 days looks IMPRESSIVE) it just matters the results.. :D

2.) started re-reading Prophecy's Guardians as it's been forever since I've touched the manuscript and added about 300 words throughout the WIP and am now ready to get started on new stuff.

3.) wrote 300 words for Sand Screamers

4.) as always, the ever present Web Work (that really helps keeps me on track with Club 100)

5.) went to the hospital for 3.5 hours yesterday and while I'm in labor -- and dilating and doing everything I'm supposed to -- I'm not doing it quite fast enough so they sent me home even though I'm supposed to have a c-section in FOUR DAYS!!!!!

That's it for my week...

Peace Out Updaters.. catch you later.. well except Haggis.. I don't need the cooties. :D

Last edited:

Quinn

Registered
Reaction score
I keep writing one scene a day. I've been going back and editing more. It seems that the first draft has a lot of dialogue. Adding the narrative and editing is like coloring. I really enjoy it. 2150 words added, but shooting for another 5K before my next post.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Good news, I'm first this week.

Bad news, no submissions and very little writing. Dry spell and massive amounts of activities like parents, little emergencies at school, the return of school itself and boat loads of homework that have kept my kids up to 10, 11 and 12. We've been back a week and I'm in need of a break.

Blog: Say Cheese!, Reran Disciplining Cupie Doll for Tuesday.
Catholicmom: Cause of All Our Joy.

Worked on letters of inquiry for grants.

In a desert of ideas. Need Oasis.
Everyone has slower weeks, Wonder Woman, even a superheroine. Blogging is good, Catholicmom is nice and steady, and grants inquiries are also important. Stop stressing about the ideas, they'll come. Maybe try writing about "nothing" -- hey, it workd for "Seinfeld".
:Clap::Clap::Clap:

And rejoice! The coveted dancing banana is yours! Perhaps doing the cha-cha all week long will provide inspiration! And you'll look good doing it, too!
:banana:

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Well this little list put a kink in festivities, didn't it? :wag: I could of course start dissing half the boys on this list as I do every time we talk about them *snicker* but the tirade that would ensue might scare the children and probably make Haggis pee on the rug AGAIN!!! So I'll keep my comments to myself. *snickering*

I thought I was going to win the banana -- darn east coast time.. but while I was up at 4ish am to have beaten Wonder Woman I was too busy being miserable with contractions to actually get out of bed. But since I have no choice about my state of "upness" (I love inventing words.. :D ) as 3ft's got to get to school and Hubby needs a ride to work I figure might as well update. :)

This week I:

1.) continued Club 100 -- still don't know what day. I'll look it up soon or start the number over for the easy fix. Really it doesn't matter the day (Although Jeanne's 900 days looks IMPRESSIVE) it just matters the results.. :D

2.) started re-reading Prophecy's Guardians as it's been forever since I've touched the manuscript and added about 300 words throughout the WIP and am now ready to get started on new stuff.

3.) wrote 300 words for Sand Screamers

4.) as always, the ever present Web Work (that really helps keeps me on track with Club 100)

5.) went to the hospital for 3.5 hours yesterday and while I'm in labor -- and dilating and doing everything I'm supposed to -- I'm not doing it quite fast enough so they sent me home even though I'm supposed to have a c-section in FOUR DAYS!!!!!

That's it for my week...

Peace Out Updaters.. catch you later.. well except Haggis.. I don't need the cooties. :D
Nice to see you still managing to update, LG. Tell the little nipper to make up his mind! Good work on the Club 100, great news on both Prophecy's Guardians and Sand Screamers getting some love, good job on the web work, and all this while almost having a baby. Well done!

Our word count line is drawn at 600. Anybody gonna beat that? Let's find out...

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
I keep writing one scene a day. I've been going back and editing more. It seems that the first draft has a lot of dialogue. Adding the narrative and editing is like coloring. I really enjoy it. 2150 words added, but shooting for another 5K before my next post.
Nice to see the Scene A Day plan working so very well for you, Quinn. Great job, good to see you enjoying the entire process, and look at all those words!

Our word count line is now drawn at 2,150. Anybody gonna beat that? Let's find out...

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
Still editing the Zombie Dating Guide and polishing a new entry for Bombeck so no "new" words written but moving forward! I'm hoping to finish ZDG edits by this weekend and lasso my betas. I have an old WIP I want to get back to!

lostgirl

Always Watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisadovichi.com
Still editing the Zombie Dating Guide and polishing a new entry for Bombeck so no "new" words written but moving forward! I'm hoping to finish ZDG edits by this weekend and lasso my betas. I have an old WIP I want to get back to!

Lasso, eh? Aren't you a girl of many talents -- tying up your beta readers just one of them.. :wag:

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Still plugging along on The Endways of the Gods - got 12,306 words this week.

I've also started lurking in Query Hell, cuz at some point, girlfriend's gotta write a query letter.

3 blog posts on mah blog - really am trying to talk less about my cat. :)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Losergirl. I think Jeanne should count all the words you say while you're in labor. Why don't you have someone send us a printout? :D

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Editing and polishing are very good! Hoping you get ZDG ready for beta, too, and get that entry ready and in. Well done!

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Still plugging along on The Endways of the Gods - got 12,306 words this week.

I've also started lurking in Query Hell, cuz at some point, girlfriend's gotta write a query letter.

3 blog posts on mah blog - really am trying to talk less about my cat. :)
Awesome word count! Great work on the blogs, and yeah, queries do become 'where it's at' once your MS is ready to go, so good for you for getting the engine, if not revved up, at least going on that side of the house. Well done!

And our word count line is drawn at an extremely impressive 12,306. Anybody gonna beat that? Let's find out...

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
2,090 words, 1 submission

Still recovering from the flu, but unlike some people *ahem LG* I did not try to steal the show by attempting to have a baby.
Good, solid word count, Bajaffe Girl, and yahoo on the submission. Glad to see you're getting better, too. Well done!

Our submission line is drawn at 1. Anybody gonna beat that? Let's find out...

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
My turn. This week I:

1. Continued Club 100 -- today is Day 941
2. Did a variety of work on promoting Touched by an Alien (have I mentioned that it's available for pre-order right NOW?)
3. Got confirmation that I've been officially invited into the Love & Rockets anthology
4. Spent time on the phone and in emails with my agent
5. Talked with the L&R editor about what she wants to see from me and pitched for another anthology she's doing as well
6. Started writing my next speech for the HS creative writing class (due next week...gosh, it'll be keen if I'm ready, won't it?), How to Tell When You're Ready, and What to Do About It -- 350 words written
7. Worked on my short for the anthology, it (of course, because it's always the way) headed itself merrily towards horror, so Waiting -- 1,645 words written
8. Worked on another attempt at a short for the anthology, likely to be changed, including title, so -- 2,465 words written
9. Worked on edits for Alien Tango, current word count 122,990 -- 1,345 written (and, despite how it looks, words were removed, TOO)

That's it for me. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

lostgirl

Always Watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisadovichi.com
2,090 words, 1 submission

Still recovering from the flu, but unlike some people *ahem LG* I did not try to steal the show by attempting to have a baby.

You're just jealous. :e2tongue:

Hey Losergirl. I think Jeanne should count all the words you say while you're in labor. Why don't you have someone send us a printout? :D

Nanner nanner.. I believe in EPIDURALS!!!! So the printout would only be of my general awesomeness, but if you are going to miss the awesome which is me that much, then I suppose I can get you a printout. :D

LilliCray

Plot? What plot?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mutteringsofascribe.blogspot.com
Over the past week, I've written 14,109 words. Plus 4 blog posts, three of which showcase my amazing talent for overstating things. :D

This is such a good idea for a thread! It provides friendly competition AND dinner and a show! (Well... if you consider "popcorn" to be dinner. :popcorn: )

Now Playing: Showdown! LostGirl vs. Haggis & wyntermoon! Insanity Ensues!

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Ooooh, LilliCray, that's some output. Nice seeing you here.

New (prospective) agent will call next week to form battle plan for three books. In reality, I'm thinking two out of three would be more than enough. This is the agent I want. In the meantime, more full requests are coming through on the same book from stragglers.

Just did the first structural edits on chapters one and two of Planet Janitor, for Enage books. Jesus, I HATE track changes, 'cause I'm always taking something out, putting something back in, or screwing up the format. I don't quite get it right--but I get it done.

Gate Walker has made a few sales, and the comments to my email have been really good. Made my heart soar.

Tri

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Over the past week, I've written 14,109 words. Plus 4 blog posts, three of which showcase my amazing talent for overstating things. :D

This is such a good idea for a thread! It provides friendly competition AND dinner and a show! (Well... if you consider "popcorn" to be dinner. :popcorn: )

Now Playing: Showdown! LostGirl vs. Haggis & wyntermoon! Insanity Ensues!
Welcome, LilliCray! :welcome: Glad you've joined us! Nice work on the blogging and just look at that word count! Well done!

And our word count line is now drawn at 14,109. Anybody gonna beat that? Let's find out...

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Ooooh, LilliCray, that's some output. Nice seeing you here.

New (prospective) agent will call next week to form battle plan for three books. In reality, I'm thinking two out of three would be more than enough. This is the agent I want. In the meantime, more full requests are coming through on the same book from stragglers.

Just did the first structural edits on chapters one and two of Planet Janitor, for Enage books. Jesus, I HATE track changes, 'cause I'm always taking something out, putting something back in, or screwing up the format. I don't quite get it right--but I get it done.

Gate Walker has made a few sales, and the comments to my email have been really good. Made my heart soar.

Tri
Awesome news on the agent, Tri. Keeping all the digits crossed! And more requests coming through means more options for you! Great work on the editing on PJ. And good news on Gate Walker. It's available, folks, on Amazon.com. Let's all get our copies and support our gentle giant! Well done, Tri, as per always!

Status
Not open for further replies.